ISO caramel frosting recipe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mikki

Sous Chef
I just made brownies for the first time from scratch, actually turned out better then the box kind. They were delicious with chocolate frosting, but would be the ultimate with caramel frosting. Any ideas or receipies?

Anything homemade is always better than the box plus you get all the credit for it. I'd go with a caramel sauce to top your brownies. You can melt some good caramels with a touch of milk or use the caramel tubs sold at the produce section of your grocery store. If you need a homemade caramel recipe, I'll post one for you.

Thanks I'll try the recipe when I make the brownies again on Monday. I'll let you kow how it turns out. Thanks again

Thanks Dina, this sounds like the recipe my Mom use to put on all my chocolate birthday cakes - by my request. Can't wait to try it.

Hello Mikki:)

I made a caramel topping for a cake a while ago, which turned out delicious.
This is how I made it.

Cook butter with sugar until it thickens a little.
Take it off the heat and stir in a little fresh cream.
U can also add vanilla and/or rum or brandy if u want.

Mel

Well I made Dinas recipe and it got hard before I could put it on the brownies, had good flavor though, kids ate it like fudge, so I just made chocolate and added peanutbutter. Next time I'll try the caramel topping in the produce. Thanks all

Well I made Dinas recipe and it got hard before I could put it on the brownies, had good flavor though, kids ate it like fudge, so I just made chocolate and added peanutbutter. Next time I'll try the caramel topping in the produce. Thanks all
Sorry it harden on you Mikki. Try to pour the frosting over the brownies just as soon as it's done. Store bought caramel works very well.

Back
Top Bottom