ISO Cheese Cake Recipe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Samenderya

Assistant Cook
hi everyone,
i am looking for a good chees cake recipe, which is simple,..i cannot find many ingrediants very easily . most of the recipe i found invovled things i can never get !
so is there a simple and tried recipe?

I use the one on the back of the graham cracker crumb box

make sure ingredients are room temperature before you start tho.. I have never had any bad luck with this cheesecake, its perfect everytime :)

Our Best Cheesecake
Prep Time: 15 min
Total Time: 5 hrs 25 min
Makes: 16 servings

d5d5d5.gif
1-3/4 cups HONEY MAID Graham Cracker Crumbs
1/3 cup margarine or butter, melted
1-1/4 cups sugar, divided
3 pkg. (8 oz. each) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened
2 tsp. vanilla
3 eggs
1 Sour Cream
1 can (21 oz.) cherry pie filling

PREHEAT oven to 350°F if using a silver 8- or 9-inch springform pan (or to 325°F if using a dark nonstick 8- or 9-inch springform pan). Mix graham cracker crumbs, margarine and 1/4 cup of the sugar. Press firmly onto bottom and 2-1/2 inches up side of pan; set aside.
BEAT cream cheese, remaining 1 cup sugar and the vanilla in large bowl with electric mixer on high speed until well blended. Add eggs, 1 at a time, mixing on low speed after each addition just until blended. Add sour cream. Pour into crust.
BAKE 1 hour to 1 hour 10 minutes or until center is almost set. Turn off oven. Leaving door slightly ajar, leave cheesecake in oven 1 hour. Remove from oven; cool completely. Refrigerate 4 hours or overnight. Remove side of pan; top with pie filling. Store leftover cheesecake in refrigerator.

Hi ~ Here's an easy recipe also right off the back of the cream cheese package. Let us know how your cheese cake turns out.

Three Step Lemon Cheesecake Bars
1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs (you may also use vanilla wafers, macaroons,or sugar cookies)
3 tablespoons butter, melted
2 pkgs. (8 oz. each) cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
2 eggs

Preheat oven to 350ºF. Mix crumbs and butter and press firmly onto the bottom of a greased 8-inch square baking pan.
Beat the cream cheese, sugar, lemon peel and juice, and vanilla in a large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended.
Add eggs, one at a time, beating just until blended after each addition.
Pour over crust and bake 20-25 minutes or until center is almost set.
Cool and then refrigerate for 3 hours or overnight. Cut into 16 bars. Store leftover bars in refrigerator.

Last edited:
This recipe is one used by a guy who made Nee York style cheesecakes for NYC restaurants and delis for over forty years. It's delicious!

Cheesecake

For the Crust:

2 1/3 C Graham Cracker Crumbs
1/2 C Unsalted Butter, melted
1/4 C Sugar

For the Filling:

2 Lb Cream Cheese, room temp.
1 1/2 C Sugar
1/4 C Flour
5 Eggs
16 Oz Sour Cream
1/4 C Milk
1 T Vanilla Extract

Make the Crust:
Position the oven rack in the center of the oven and preheat to 375° F.

Wrap the outside of a 10-inch-diameter springform pan with heavy-duty foil.

Combine all the ingredients in a food processor. Pulse just until the crumbs are moist.

Press the crumb mixture firmly onto the bottom and 2 inches up the sides of the prepared pan. Use a flat bottomed glass or measuring cup to press the crumbs into place.

Bake until the crust begins to brown, about 8 minutes. Transfer the pan to a cooling rack. Maintain oven temperature.

Make the Filling:
Using an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese and sugar in a large bowl until will blended then beat in the flour.

Add the eggs 1 at a time, beating just until combined. Beat in the sour cream, milk and vanilla. Pour the filling into the crust.

Place the springform pan in large roasting pan. Pour enough hot water into the roasting pan to come half way up the sides of pan.

Bake the cheesecake until just set in center and top is slightly puffed and golden brown, about 1 hour.

Turn off oven and keep the door closed. Leave the cake in the oven for 1 hour.

Remove springform pan from roasting pan and remove the foil. Cool it on a cooling rack for a couple of hours. Refrigerate at least 6 hours. Cover and refrigerate overnight before removing from the pan.
To remove the cake from the pan, first run a thin bladed knife around the inside of the pan to separate the cake from the side of the pan. Remove the springform sides.

Place the cheesecake with the pan bottom on a burner and heat it for about 10 seconds. This will soften the butter in the crust so you can slide the cake off the pan bottom onto a serving plate. Use a long frosting spatula or knife blade to ease the transfer.

I usually serve it with a blueberry topping.

Well, Samendeyra, could you tell us what you can't get, so we can work on substitutes?

Andy and Auntshelly - I've got those 2 recipes copied!

Lee

Samenderya - if you would go back and edit your user profile to show that you live in Karachi, Pakistan - it sure would make it easier for people to help you! We have members here from all around the world in here ... and without knowing where you live it really makes it had to figure out how to help you.

Like QSis asked - what ingredients are you having a problem finding in Pakistan?

thank you michael i have updated it ,(i hope i did it rightly)
anyway here are the things i am having problem..
Graham Crakers Crums, now ofcourse they are not avaiable here , but in one recipe by auntieashely, she metions i can use vanilla wafers, or sugar cookies, are there any other substitutes that i can use too?
Second i have a question about cheese, well there arent' mnay varieties of cheese avaable, i think the only cheese very commonly available here are mozerella and cottage.
There are some cheese spreads from the compnay PUCK avaiable here .
but i think i can get cream cheese as well.
and one more thing :)
heavy cream or sour scream, which ones better !

Just about any kind of cookie crumbs may be used in place of the graham crackers. I have used vanilla wafers in place of the graham crackers with success.

You can use either sour or heavy cream. Sour cream is the traditional ingredient and provides a "tang" to the cheesecake that heavy cream will not provide. If you're going to make cheese cake more than once, try making one each way and decide for yourelf.

Good luck with your ingredient search and baking. Keep us posted with your results.

I know that in some areas of India and Pakistani it is possible to get British biscuits - MacVitie's digestives are a good replacement for Graham crackers.

Hi Samenderya ~ Glad you let us know that you are in Pakistan. Here are two alternatives for crusts. (Both these crusts are baked a few minutes before filling and cooking again. They work out fine for me.)

Nut Crust
2 1/2 cups finely ground nuts
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
1/3 cup sugar
1/4 cup butter, melted

Mix the nuts, cinnamon, and sugar together. Stir in the butter. Press mixture onto the bottom and/or up the sides of your baking dish (according to your recipe). Chill the crust for about 30 minutes. Bake in preheated 350ºF oven for 10-12 minutes. Do not over bake as nut crusts burn easily. Cool completely before filling. (This recipe will make enough crust to cover the bottom and sides of a 9-inch pie pan.)

Pat-in-the-Pan Crust
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
1 1/4 cups flour (white or whole wheat)
1/2 cup finely chopped nuts
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon baking soda

Mix the butter and brown sugar. Stir in remaining ingredients until crumbly. Press against bottom and/or sides ( according to recipe) of pan. Bake in a 350ºF oven for 10 minutes or just until set and very light brown. Cool and fill. (Makes enough crust for the bottom and sides of a 9-inch pan.)

Last edited:
Another idea ~ Search this site and the web for cheesecake recipes using cottage cheese and/or yogurt. This way you will have an alternative to cream cheese. Good Luck! Let us know how your cheesecake turns out!

oh thank u guys soo much , i do get digestives, so will see that and the crust that aunty shelly told is so easy to make too
and thank u for the substitute :)
tom i have an interview for job after it i will get my supplies... and surely i will update u guys !
thanx a bunch

Living in Greece I know that the ingrediants are hard to find... use an English digestive biscuit for the crust.

NOTHING works like creme cheese, but if you are stuck a good antotyri (flowercheese) will be ok. You will need to add an extra egg to firm it up a little bit, and maybe even strain it.
You could also try a marscapone. But NOTHING does the same as the creme cheese so be prepared.

Sour creme is not available here, but we have a thick strained yogurt that isn't readily available in USA. Use that in place of sour creme with a pat of butter added, the consistancy is about the same. Also there are good heavy creme recipes out there too.

Try to find a vanillia bean, we don't really have many extracts here in liquid form and the powder isn't as good--so if you have only powder--find a bean.

Let me know which ingrediants you have and I will send a recipe. Years ago in Greece I had to creat a cheesecake recipe for a big caterer here in Athens--so I have made about a thousand different kinds--with and without many ingrediants. I have my best ones--but I don't want to type out a recipe you can't use. Let me know the ingrediants.

Just note--the real trick is bake LOW AND SLOW. Very low temperature for a long time and stick a small egg cup of water in the oven to give some moisture. Never remove from a hot oven-- turn the oven off and let it cool to prevent cracking.
Also mix the sugar and creme cheese (all ingrediants at room temp) before adding the eggs one at a time, because once the eggs are added it is real hard to get out lumps. Mix the minimum amount as possible. Just enough to mix it without lumps. Don't scrape the bottom you'll just pull hunks of cheese off the bowl into your spingform.

I'll get a recipe to you soon.

thank u guys, have told a shopkeeper to get me some of the things he said he will try , lets see what he can , i will let u know when he gets the things for me !

Just wanted to thank Andy M. for the great cheesecake recipe. I made it last week and it was delicious. My husband couldn't say enough good things about it and has requested it again.

I don't have a food processer so the crust wasn't what it should have been but the cake part was perfect, it was rich and thick and very smooth.

Thanks again!

I love to be creative with the crust so I suggest you try Rice Krispies Treat with a 1/4 inch layer of semisweet chocolate atop that for the bottom crust. Make sure you add rum to the melting of the chocolate to get it fluid enough to pour and to add the Rice Krispies to the melted marshmallows instead of the other way around because the marshmallows will congeal as the pour out of the pan. That's not fun.

Back
Top Bottom