ISO Cheesecake topping ideas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PA Baker

Master Chef
I'm making a plain cheesecake for Easter dinner and want to have a couple of toppings for people to choose from, but I can't decide what. I'd rather not do the standard chocolate syrup or fruit toppings. Any ideas? I'm open to different crusts, too (i.e. standard graham, shortbread, gingersnap, etc.), if you have a good combo.

I make lemon cheesecake with gingersnap crust but you could do a plain and have lemon curd topping. I usually think of a topping as being in the fruit catagory like cherries jubilee, raspberry puree, pearches, etc. A nice carmel with nuts would be good. Chopped up praline or Eng. toffee.

I've used vanilla wafers in place of graham crackers. Don't grind them too fine.

Our favorite is fresh blueberry topping.

I don't think you would want to do it for a holiday meal, but for an everyday meal, I like the one made in the blender - I think it is on the Bisquick box. It makes its own crust (sort of). I usually just add sugar to strawberries and put that over the top after it has chilled. But many kinds of pie fillings lend themselves to a wonderful topping for cheesecake. Fresh raspberries with a bit of raspberry preserves to blend are fine too. If I'm having chocolate with my cheesecake, I like it included before baking.

Few things taste better on a cheesecake than marionberries. But unless you live in Oregon (the only place in the world they grow) they can be somewhat hard to find. If you do, however...that'd be my vote.

Andy M. said:
I've used vanilla wafers in place of graham crackers. Don't grind them too fine.

Your post inspired me to get a box of vanilla wafers today since I have a coupla blocks of cream cheese languishing in the fridge. Never tried them as a cheesecake crust before, but sounds good.

I'm guessing you don't need to add the sugar, eh?

The only thing that I have done other than the fruits, is, caramel topping. I buy the smuckers ice cream topping, but, it's kinda runny, maybe you can melt caramels with cream to make it more solid.

A topping or the crust could be crumbled macaroons. Just bought some chocolate brownie nut macaroons that are dee-lish.

Toppings:

Crushed Heath Bars

Toasted coconut/macaroons

crushed nuts - macadamia, pistachio, walnuts

Slivered Almonds

Caramel or butterscotch sundae sauce (TG beat me to it)

Chocolate curls/shaved chocolate

crushed chocolate graham crackers or Oreos

Another thought: Can you incorporate lemon, lime or orange zest into the crust?

Last edited:
Flavored biscotti or nutter butter cookies makes a dynamite crust. You could pour fudge ice cream topping on top, sprinkle broken reeses peanut butter cups, dollops of stable whipped cream with cherries on top.

I'm late to this topic, but I would like a rhubarb-apple curd with an additional cinnamon sour cream atop that. YUM !!!

Back
Top Bottom