ISO Chocolate Cake

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My darling 5yr daughter has just volunteered mommy to bake a chocolate cake for her class party this Fri to celebrate the country's national day.

She as requested a double layer chocolate cake, with choc frosting, mashmallows in the between and a liberal sprinkle of hundreds and thousands... HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I plan to cheat ( i consol myself that i'm not a bad mommy just a typical working mommy wif limited time) and use a chocolate cake mix with a pack of choc pudding to make it moist. My questions are:-

1. Can i just place tiny mashmallows between the cake with the choc frosting? Will this taste weird or ok?

2. I've been searching all over for a simple, easy yet very tasty chocolate frosting - i rather not hve those wif wipped cream in it as i've got to factor travel time from home to school and the part won't be until lunch! I'm trying to find those that are thick, i can do little pipping around the base of the cake and ofcouse has to be chocolate.....am i searching for the impossible???

As a mommy, i'm just thrilled that my daughter volunteered me and boast to her class that her mommy makes great chocolate cake BUT truthfully i'm now really scare that i'll mess it up and disappoint my baby! Any help, hints or advise is greatly appreciated - thanks a million!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom