ISO Coconut Cake Recipe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lindatooo

Head Chef
My son recently made a coconut cake that started with a white cake mix which was baked then punched with holes and a mixture of coconut milk and sweetened condensed milk was poured over the hot cake. The only recipes I can find on the web are then frosted with a mixture of coconut and Cool Whip. He didn't use cool whip - his topping had coconut and pecans in it....does this sound familiar to anybody?

TIA

Yes, there is a chocolate version of this cake called, "Better than S--" cake. I believe carmel sauce is used instead of sweetened condensed milk. The cool whip frosts the top, and then some sort of crushed up candy bar (Heath bar, I think) is scattered on top.

I remember eating this very easy but rich and decadent cake and thinking, "wow".

Here's one example: Better Than Sex Cake Recipes like Almost As Good As Sex Cake Recipe, Almost Better Than Sex Cake Recipe, Better Than Almost

Do a google search, you are bound to find more.

Something like this?

Fresh Coconut Cake

Cake:
1 (18.25 ounce) box yellow cake mix
3 eggs
1 1/3 cups water
1/3 cup vegetable oil

Milk from 2 small or 1 large coconut

Mix all ingredients and pour into well greased and floured cake pan. Bake at 350 degrees F until done. Cool cake completely.

Punch holes into cake with a fork and pour coconut milk over cake. Frost cake with coconut icing and store in refrigerator. Cake spoils easily, but also freezes well.

Coconut Icing:
1 cup sour cream
2 cups granulated sugar
Finely chopped coconut from 2 small or 1 large coconut

Mix sour cream, sugar and chopped coconut and refrigerate for 3 hours before frosting cake.

:heart:
Z

I occasionally cover my basic poundcake with an icing similar to Zereh's only using any creamy spreadable type cheese and powdered sugar instead of sour cream and granulated sugar. I add some butter and whip it all together. Out came a sinfully yet heavenly rich and delicious concoction.:rolleyes:

You might be able able to work with this recipe. Pina Colada Cake is my absolute favorite.

Pina Colada Cake - Mindy Easton

Makes - 24 servings

1 baked Yellow Cake in a 9 by 13 inch pan
1 (14 oz.) can Sweetened Condensed Milk
1 (15 oz.) can Cream of Coconut
2 Tbsp. to 1/2 C. Dark Rum (optional)
1 (20 oz.) can Crushed Pineapple, undrained
1 pt. Whipping Cream sweetened to taste or 1 (12 oz.) container frozen whipped topping or Whipped Cream
1 (12 oz.) pkg. Shredded Coconut
Sprinkle with pecans (opt)

While cake is warm, punch holes all over it. Mix the condensed milk, and cream of coconut, and rum if using, and spoon slowly over the cake. (It takes some time to soak in, so be patient.). Spoon pineapple and its juice over the cake. Refrigerate for several hours or overnight. Before serving, cover with whipped cream or topping and sprinkle with coconut. Chopped pecans, opt.

Back
Top Bottom