ISO Coconut layer cake recipe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

VickiQ

Sous Chef
Does anyone have a recipe for a coconut layer cake- Thank you in advance!!!!!
VickiQ:rolleyes:

Vicki, I made this one for MIL's birthday at Christmas and she declared it was the best she had ever eaten. It's pretty much all from prepared stuff, so go ahead and make homemade adjustments as you like:

1 pkg 2-layer yellow cake mix (or make your own)
2-2/3 cups sweetened shredded coconut
1 cup cold milk
1 pkg (4 oz serving size) white chocolate flavor instant pudding mix
1/4 cup powdered sugar
1 tub whipped topping, thawed

Prepare cake batter as directed on package, stir in 2/3 cup coconut. Bake as directed on package. Cool completely.

Pour milk into medium bowl and add dry pudding mix and powdered sugar. Beat with wire whisk for a couple of minutes until well blended (it will be thick). Fold in whipped topping and refrigerate for at least 15 minutes.

Place one of the cake layers on serving plate and spread top with about a cup of the pudding mixture. Sprinkle about 3/4 cup of coconut on top of that and then add second cake layer. Frost cake with remaining pudding mixture, then press remaining coconut on top and sides of cake.

Put back in the fridge for at least an hour before serving, and store leftovers in fridge.

Debbie Thank you for posting this link- this cake sounds amazing!!!!I printed put the recipe and I will definetly be trying it out at some point maybe Easter.Thanks again-Love and energy, Vicki

Thank you Mudbug!!! This is just what I needed- I have to make this cake on short notice so this will be perfect to put together.I'm so glad your MIL liked it- we can never have toio many MIL points can we?!!!;) Love and energy, Vicki

Back
Top Bottom