ISO Coffee Cake Recipes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

joesfolk

Head Chef
Our church has decided to change the Easter breakfast this year. Instead of our traditional egg casserole meal we will be doing a yogurt bar and coffee cakes. So, I need your very best, melt in your mouth coffee cake recipe and...here's the thing... I would like to know why you think it is so good.

Okay, what does ISO mean? And who changed the title of my post?

ISO means 'In Search Of'. And one of the Site Admins changed the title. There is always one in the background making sure that our forum stays true to form. After all, you are searching for a certain recipe. Some folks take umbrage when their offering is changed. The majority don't. They understand. You are more likely to get a bunch of answers when the title says what you want. And you are looking for recipes for a coffee cake.

So folks, step up and help this member. It is for a special church event. :angel:

The Pioneer Woman: Cinnamon Rolls

The book says it makes 40-50 rolls. The website says it serves about 8. The recipes are slightly different but I'm willing to believe that one cowboy can eat 5 cinnamon rolls! :)

So I hope my cinnamon roll suggestion is sufficiently near your coffee cake request.

Otherwise, there's always the Bisquick coffee cake recipe. (It's on the box!) :) I've made that lots of times and it's always good... and quick!

Last edited:
Jewish Coffee Cake

This cake is rich, moist and delicious! MIL #2 got the recipe from one of her friends.

Jewish Coffee Cake

1 package yellow cake mix
1 package instant vanilla pudding
½ cup oil
4 eggs
12 oz sour cream
1 teaspoon vanilla
----filling----
½ cup sugar
¼ cup brown sugar
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 cup nuts; chopped
----glaze----
1 cup powdered sugar
1//4 cup orange juice

Mix cake ingredients in large bowl. Pour 1/2 batter in greased and floured baking pan. Sprinkle 1/2 the filling over batter. Add the rest of the batter. Top with the rest of the filling. Bake in preheated 350 degree oven for 1 hour. Mix together powdered sugar and orange juice. Drizzle over top while cake is still warm

Gourmet Greg thanks but it has to be a coffee cake.
Constance, that sounds amazing.

The Pioneer Woman: Cinnamon Rolls

The book says it makes 40-50 rolls. The website says it serves about 8. The recipes are slightly different but I'm willing to believe that one cowboy can eat 5 cinnamon rolls! :)

So I hope my cinnamon roll suggestion is sufficiently near your coffee cake request.

Otherwise, there's always the Bisquick coffee cake recipe. (It's on the box!) :) I've made that lots of times and it's always good... and quick!

I used to make the Bisquick one all the time for the kids. Bisquick is so handy for so many things.:)

Our church has decided to change the Easter breakfast this year. Instead of our traditional egg casserole meal we will be doing a yogurt bar and coffee cakes. So, I need your very best, melt in your mouth coffee cake recipe and...here's the thing... I would like to know why you think it is so good.

I don't think it would be considered a coffee cake, but I have a recipe for an orange cornmeal pound cake. I like it because the texture is a bit heavy, with an interesting crunch from the cornmeal. Would you like the recipe? I also have a blueberry loaf recipe that could easily be converted to a coffee cake recipe. I love that one because it is so moist and tender.

COFFEE CAKE

MIX TOGETHER:
3 CUPS FLOUR
1 CUP SUGAR
2 TABLESPOONS BAKING POWDER
1 TEASPOON SALT
2 EGGS
½ CUP VEGETABLE OIL
1 ½ CUPS MILK

POUR INTO 2/9X13 PANS
TOP WITH STRUESSEL

STRUESSEL TOPPING
1 CUP SALAD OIL
2 CUPS BROWN SUGAR
2 CUPS FLOUR
2 TABLESPOONS CINNAMON
MIX TOGETHER AND SPRINKLE OVER BATTER

BAKE AT 350’ FOR ABOUT 30 MINUTES

Note that this makes two pans full....it rises a lot! If you just want one, I'm sure you could divide it.

My aunt's sour cream coffee cake is a winner if you have a "ring" cake pan (not quite an angelfood pan). I'd be happy to share it if you are interested. I made it into muffins this week to bring to a meeting.

New York Style Coffee Cake
For the crumb topping:
1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 tablespoons cinnamon
1 cup (2 sticks) melted butter
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
For the cake:
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
12 tablespoons (1 1/2 sticks) butter
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
2 large eggs
1 1/4 cups plain yogurt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Butter the sides and bottom of a glass 9×13 pan. You can use a metal pan, but the edges may get a bit crispy.
To make the crumb topping, mix both sugars, salt, and cinnamon in a medium bowl. Add the melted butter and whisk until combined. Fold in the flour until it is absorbed. Spread out a large sheet of parchment paper on the counter and spread this mixture out on the parchment paper to dry while you make the cake mixture.
To make the cake, sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together in a medium bowl and set aside.
Cream the butter until it is smooth and ribbon-like in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle. Scrape down the bowl and add the sugar. Beat until fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, and beat until incorporated. Scrape the bowl and mix again for 30 seconds. Add the yogurt and vanilla and beat just until incorporated. Add the dry ingredients in three parts, scraping down the bowl before each addition, beating only until it is just incorporated.
To assemble the cake, pour the batter in the prepared pan. Use your hands to scoop up a handful of the topping and make a fist. The topping should hold together. Break off in chunks and drop them over the cake. Repeat to use all the topping. Remember, the topping layer will look very thick.
Bake the cake for 45 to 55 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Rotate the pan two times during the baking process. Cool the entire pan on a wire rack for 30 minutes before serving.
The cake will last for 3 days, tightly covered, at room temperature

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom