ISO Frosting Recipe....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Angie

Head Chef
I am making my first angel food cake for a party tomorrow. I had to make it in 8" or 9" round pans since I have NO idea what happened to my angel food cake pan.

I am going to make it a layer cake, but I'm not sure what to use for frosting. Powdered sugar and milk? Any suggestions?

THANK YOU!

Angie, try mixing a small container of yogurt with a tub of Cool Whip and using that as frosting. Its killer with angel food cake. You may want to go buy another angel food cake pan though. Layer cake tins are just not going to work out for this. Never hurts to have two!

A basic glaze could be 1/3 cup butter or margarine and 2 cups confectioners' sugar and 3 tbsp of milk.

You can always precut your cake and arrange it on a dessert platter and spoon on what ever topping that you would like. After all, it is your creation!

If you want to drizzle ice cream toppings over the cool whip....yum!

That is the ugliest cake I've ever seen. Needless to say, I'm baking a white cake (from scratch) right now. No way would I serve anyone a cake that bad looking....

Regardless of the pan it is ultimately baked in, I would serve it with fresh sliced strumberries and REAL whipped heavy cream, from my Kitchen-Aid bowl, not a plastic tub and not a squirt can!

I can't understand how anyone can eat Cool Whip. I tried it once and I got this fuzzy, itchy, tingly feeling right at the back of my palate.

Last edited:
Caine said:
I can't understand how anyone can eat Cool Whip. I tried it once and I got this fuzzy, itchy, tingly feeling right at the back of my palate.

Caine: Cool Whip is made of oil and water and some flavoring. I guess it is the flavoring that made you errr "nervous!" :ROFLMAO:

The truffle frosting is to DIE for! I will post the recipe...yummmm....

Oh, and I can't make the cake with Brandy since this is a party for an alcoholic graduating from rehab!

No! Half the people there are in for alcohol and the other half for meth...I'm the only pill popper in the bunch!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom