ISO German Chocolate Cake recipe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ok. I had allready a translation programm. But thank´s a lot for helping me.

So, guy´s. Let´s start it:

Juicy KABA Cake ( Kaba is in Germany an instant cocoa powder for a kid´´s milkshake)

Ingredients

200 g butter
200 g sugar
6 Eggs
1 Cup eggnog
1 Teaspoon Rum
125 g flour
1 packet bakingpowder
100 g Kaba (chocolate powder with sugar for kid´s drink)
200 g Nuts
1 Teaspoon cinnamon

For the frosting

200 chocolate coating
120 g Butter

1. Beat sugar and butter foamaly. Give the eggs after and after to it. This cream must be very foamy. Now give Eggnogg and Rum to it.

2. Mix the flour, baking powder, Kaba, nuts and cinnamon and lift it among the eggcream. Put it in a baking pan and bake it on 175°C about 50-60 Min.

Frosting: melt the chocolate coating in a waterbath. The same with the butter, but not together. Put it together and mix it. Spread the cold cake with it.

9870-small-kabakuchen_saftiger.jpg

That´s the first...

Chocolate - Whipped cream- Cake

Ingredients:

For the dough

2 eggs
warm water
100g sugar
75 g flour
50 g starch flour
1 Teaspoon baking powder

For the Frosting

100 g semi-chocolate
20 g coconut fat

For the filling

750 ml whipped cream
100g powder sugar
1 package Vanillasugar
2 packages Sahnesteif ( powder for the whipped cream to stay whipped....??)
30 g cocoapowder
cocoapowder and chocorasps

Seperate the eggs. Beat the Eggyellow, 2-3 Soupspoons warm water, 2/3 from sugar and vanillasugar very foamy.

Beat the eggwhite hart (foamy), theryby twickle the sugar slowly in. Eggyellowcream and eggwhite cream and stir it together.

Put it in a spring form and bake it on 175 - 200 °C for 20-30 minutes. Let it cool down and cut in the 2/3 through.

Melt the Chocolate with coconut fat in Water bench and beat it creamy. This cream comes on the thin pastry cake.. cool down and cut it into 12 pieces.

Beat the whipped cream hart. Mix the powdersugar, vanilliasugar, 3 Soupspoons cocoapowderand" Sahnesteif" and put it slowly in the whippedcream.

Put 2/3of the cocoa cream in an icing bag and give it on the hunk piece of cake.

Now put the 12 cake pieces on the chocolate cream. With the rest of the cream you decorate the cake.

At the top of the cake rasped chocolate streusels...

Attention: German cake are not soooo sweet as the amerikan Cakes!!!!!

Jennyema, I had the same question about baking powder. I really want to make that recipe!!!

Also would you assume that "Sahnesteif" the same as cream of tartar?

But remember:

The German Cakes are not so sweet. If you like it more sweetend, you must give more sugar in the creme/cake...!!!!

karaburun said:
Hi,

perhaps I can help you.

What especially you are searching for a German Cake recipe??:rolleyes:

Will it be a Cake with chocolate bisquit and whipped chocalate cream??

Or are you on search for a dry cake with powder sugar frosting?

Or can it be an ice-cream-chocolate cake??

Are you interested, please send me a Shortmessage...

lg from Germany

Tanja:chef:

Those all sound good. I was looking for the traditional american type cake. A good cake recipe with the coconut goo for frosting. It is hubby's favorite and I'm always looking for a variety or different way to make it so it isn't the same thing every year. Anything you have would be great!

Thanks!

jennyema said:
"GERMAN CHOCOLATE CAKE" isn't German :chef:

German chocolate cake is an American invention which is called that because it originally used a particular brand of baking chocolate: Baker's German's Chocolate. That type of chocolate was invented by an employee of the baker Chocolate Factory (which is right around the corner from my house) named Sam German. He was from Texas, I think.

It's called german chocolate cake because of old Sam german, not because it had anything to do with the country of Germany.

To make a traditional german chocolate cake you need to use a particular type of chocolate -- Baker's German's or an equivalent. That's what made it distictive. Otherwise it will be your basic chocolate cake.

Baker's German's comes in a green box with a picture of German Chocolate cake on it.

That is actually a great background. Hubby would really like to know about it so I'm going to write that up for him!

Sounds like I need to go buy that chocolate and follow the recipe. MMMMM.....

ok ladies - I went and got the green german baking chocolate and made the cake and holy cow! It was sooooo sweet and I love rich things. It wasn't rich but just super sweet. Hubby loved it though and I can't eat anymore of it because of the sweetness. I've been taking pieces into my coworkers and they love it.

Thanks for the help!

mrsdove said:
ok ladies - I went and got the green german baking chocolate and made the cake and holy cow! It was sooooo sweet and I love rich things. It wasn't rich but just super sweet. Hubby loved it though and I can't eat anymore of it because of the sweetness. I've been taking pieces into my coworkers and they love it.

Thanks for the help!

mrsdove, when you said green german baking chocolate it threw me for a loop. I was trying to think of what does green have to do with baking chocolate? Then I realized you were talking about the box!! :LOL: :LOL: I am glad that you cake turned out well.

SC :)

Back
Top Bottom