ISO giant cupcake pan info.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i got my pan today. would really like imput from you guys on tips of how to use. mostly interested in using box cake mix.

thanks
babe:chef:
i think the rule of thumb on any muffin/cupcake tin is only fill 3/4 full with batter. other than that i don't see why you can't use box mix. cooking time is also a question, i think you will have to guesstamate and do the tooth pick test the first time. hmmmmmmmmmm can you get paper liners for it? sorry i can't be of more help. let us know how it turns out. i would love to make giant chocolate muffins!! :pig:

417q220TgvL._AA260_.jpg

Availability:

Usually ships in 24 hours.

This item is available online and in stores.
Prices, promotions, styles and availability may vary by store and online.

Wilton Giant Cupcake Cast Pan

$29.99
4 stars (16 reviews)

Features

• Professional weight, cast aluminum for exceptional detail. Premium non-stick surface for easy release and cleanup
  • Bake in Style with this; Novelty Cake Pan
  • Perfect for Baking
  • Made of Aluminum
  • Dishwasher Safe
here are several recipes ideas from wilton:

King of Cupcakes!

Chocolate Pound Cake

417q220TgvL._AA260_.jpg

Availability:

Usually ships in 24 hours.

This item is available online and in stores.
Prices, promotions, styles and availability may vary by store and online.

Wilton Giant Cupcake Cast Pan

$29.99
4 stars (16 reviews)

Features

• Professional weight, cast aluminum for exceptional detail. Premium non-stick surface for easy release and cleanup
  • Bake in Style with this; Novelty Cake Pan
  • Perfect for Baking
  • Made of Aluminum
  • Dishwasher Safe
here are several recipes ideas from wilton:

King of Cupcakes!

Chocolate Pound Cake

i bought pan on line at amazon. it is here and just looking for info on how to use with cake mix

what i am finding out is it takes two mixes to use this pan. some will be left over, just bake smaller cupcakes from the leftover.
in my above post there is a link to an ABC news report http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/story?se...ter&id=6241555 in it it says to use one box of cake mix and bake for an hour (the volume was pretty low so i think thats what it said. maybe you will have better luck hearing it.)

yes she says one box........then further down she explains using two. seems to be 50 50 . think i will go with two and measure the amounts in each one. thanks so much for the info. i often buy cake mixes for one dollar. so no big deal

Hi Babe, I promised to give you info on this pan but have been down with a bad sinus infection.

I use my own cake recipe, not a mix so I can't help you on that one; But you want the batter to rise so the sides come all the way up the pan. If is rises in the centre, that is okay because you just cut them straight. Use a dense cake mix. You should check the top part as it will cook a little faster, but I have never had it burn or the other one be under done.

I will write more on the decorating part tomorrow. If I don't, PM me to remind me.

Hi Babe, I promised to give you info on this pan but have been down with a bad sinus infection.

I use my own cake recipe, not a mix so I can't help you on that one; But you want the batter to rise so the sides come all the way up the pan. If is rises in the centre, that is okay because you just cut them straight. Use a dense cake mix. You should check the top part as it will cook a little faster, but I have never had it burn or the other one be under done.

I will write more on the decorating part tomorrow. If I don't, PM me to remind me.

thanks lp, looking forward to decor tips. gonna make a trial run next week. sorry you are not feeling well

thanks lp, looking forward to decor tips. gonna make a trial run next week. sorry you are not feeling well
this may help - wilton has some giant cupcake decor ideas on their site. click on the links i posted above. the birthday bear giant cupcake is so cute.

I made this cake the first time for the nurses at the hospital where I had my knee surgeries. They were so wonderful and when she found out what I did for a living, one of the nurses named me "Cupcake". I made the top of the cake with a white cake and the bottom in chocolate. I cut the tops (baked top) off both to make them even and then sliced each into two layers and added some filling (raspberry for the top and chocolate mousse in the bottom).

I then iced the bottom completely with white buttercream, and used a regular knife (flat side) to put the paper ridges back in. I then iced the flat part of the top with white buttercream and placed it carefully onto the bottom.

I made some pink buttercream and put it in a piping back with a medium sized round tip. I put a thin coating of pink onto the top with a knife, being careful to not cover the pattern too much or jiggle it off the bottom. I then piped the swirl onto the top and sprinkled little multi-coloured candies all over.

Finally, I painted a little door and windows on the bottom with coloured icing and fashioned a chimney out of cut chocolate wafer cookies. I also made some mini cupcakes that I iced green and used them as trees and bushes!

The nurses absolutely loved it! Unfortunately I never got a picture of that one.

I did another like a giant mushroom for a fun birthday cake for a friend who hates mushrooms - it is a running joke with us.

I did a few others that were pretty basic, but it is a good pan to have fun with.

Let us know how it goes, Babe, and if you are having any troubles with it, just let me know.

Back
Top Bottom