ISO good cheesecake recipe?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

WaldoAwad

Assistant Cook
Hey guys im looking for a really good cheese cake recipe. I am trying to make this for my mother as she loves eating cheese cake like a crazy person. So can anyone share their cheese cake recipe.

Cheesecake

For the Crust:

2⅓ C Graham Cracker Crumbs
(⅔ of a 14-15 Oz. Box, 10 oz.)
¼ C Sugar
½ C Unsalted Butter, melted

For the Filling:
2 Lb Cream Cheese, room temp.
1½ C Sugar
¼ C Flour
5 Ea Eggs
16 Oz Sour Cream
¼ C Milk
1 Tb Vanilla Extract

Position the oven rack in the center of the oven and preheat to 375° F.

Wrap the bottom and sides of a 10-inch spring form pan with heavy-duty foil, crimping it tightly under the top edge of the pan.

Make the Crust:

In a food processor, process the crackers and sugar to a fine crumb.

Add the melted butter and pulse until the crumbs are uniformly moist.

Put the crumb mixture into the pan and distribute it evenly over the bottom and half way up the sides of the pan using a flat-bottomed glass, can or cup with straight sides.

Bake 8-10 minutes. Put the pan on a cooling rack. Leave the oven on.

Make the Filling:

Beat the cream cheese and sugar at high speed until well blended, scraping down the sides of the bowl and beater several times to ensure complete blending.

Mix in the flour. You cannot over mix to this point. The intent is to beat air bubbles into the cheese and sugar mixture.

Add the eggs, one at a time, beating each just until combined before adding the next. Scrape the sides of the bowl as necessary to ensure complete mixing.

Beat in the sour cream, then the milk and vanilla, scraping the sides of the bowl as needed.

Pour the filling into the crust.

Place the foil wrapped spring form pan into a large roasting or sauté pan that is at least an inch larger than the spring form pan on all sides. Pour enough boiling water into the roasting pan to come half way up sides of the springform.

Put the pans into the oven and bake the cheesecake until just set in center and the top is slightly puffed and browned, about 1 hour and 10 minutes.

Turn off oven and keep the door closed. Leave the cake in the oven for 1 hour.

Remove the spring form from the larger pan and cool the cheesecake in the springform on a cooling rack.

Run a thin knife around the pan between the side of the cheesecake and the side of the pan to separate the cake from the side of the pan. Refrigerate uncovered.

When the cheesecake is completely chilled in the refrigerator, cover it with plastic wrap and continue to refrigerate overnight before removing from the pan.

Slice and serve the cheesecake directly from the spring form pan bottom or remove it to a flat rimless plate or cake dish for serving.

To easily remove the cheesecake from the pan bottom, heat the bottom of the cake pan for 10 seconds on a gas or hot electric burner to soften the butter in the crust then slide the cake onto a serving platter using a cake spatula or similar to assist in the transfer.

Slice with a long thin knife dipped in hot water (shake off excess) before each cut.

Blueberry Topping for Desserts

12 Oz Blueberries (frozen is OK)
C Sugar
⅓ C Water
2 tsp Corn Starch
2 Tb Lemon Juice

Combine the berries, water and sugar in a saucepan and cook for 10 minutes.

Stir the cornstarch into the lemon juice and stir it into the berries. Bring it to a boil. Cook for another 3-4 minutes.

Cool.

Never met a cheesecake I didn't like. I also like the classic Philadelphia cream cheese recipe. But...there are so many other Philadelphia cream cheese cheesecake recipes I love too....like the classic new York cheese cake, the double lemon cheesecake, the pumpkin marble cheesecake, and others. It depends on what Mom likes. There is simple and fancy. I prefer the baked ones over the no-bake varieties.

Philadelphia Cream Cheese A Little Taste of Heaven is a cookbook that has a lot of nice recipes. ;)

I like Lindy's NY Cheese Cake.

Lindy's is a restaurant in NYC, established in the 1920's. Per wikipedia, Lindy's was especially well known for its cheesecake, which was at times credited as perhaps the most famous in the United States. This cheesecake was immortalized in Guys and Dolls, where Nathan Detroit and Sky Masterson sang its praises.

This recipe has been widely published and shared. This is the first copy that came up, and the recipe I/ we have used for close to 40 years when making a classic cheesecake.

Authentic Lindy's Famous New York Cheesecake Recipe - Food.com - 81781

CWS4322 said:
What kind of cheesecake does your mother like? I personally like German-style cheese cake.

Here are some links to the type I mean:

http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f41/cheese-cake-recipie-81235.html

A Feast for the Eyes: Käsekuchen - German Cheesecake

Quark is sometimes hard to find (although I can find it here in Ottawa). But it doesn't have a cracker crumb crust.

There is no 1 cheese Cake she loves. And I asked her that one time and she said it was racist to the other cheese cakes and that she would live any of em to be eaten by her lmfaoooo

Whiskadoodle said:
I like Lindy's NY Cheese Cake.

Lindy's is a restaurant in NYC, established in the 1920's. Per wikipedia, Lindy's was especially well known for its cheesecake, which was at times credited as perhaps the most famous in the United States. This cheesecake was immortalized in Guys and Dolls, where Nathan Detroit and Sky Masterson sang its praises.

This recipe has been widely published and shared. This is the first copy that came up, and the recipe I/ we have used for close to 40 years when making a classic cheesecake.

Authentic Lindy's Famous New York Cheesecake Recipe - Food.com - 81781

Ima try it. But is the cheese found at Kroger?

Hrumph. Neufchatel is a low calorie form of regular cream cheese. I didn't see that tricky little substitute in the link I sent this morning. I only use regular cream cheese. Either one is good/ interchangeable. They are located right next to each other in the dairy section at your grocery store.

Whiskadoodle said:
Hrumph. Neufchatel is a low calorie form of regular cream cheese. I didn't see that tricky little substitute in the link I sent this morning. I only use regular cream cheese. Either one is good/ interchangeable. They are located right next to each other in the dairy section at your grocery store.

I'd use the real thing...it is, after-all, for Mom! :)

Hrumph. Neufchatel is a low calorie form of regular cream cheese...

Actually, cream cheese is a higher calorie of Neufchatel. Cream cheese was created as the result of an American trying to duplicate Neufchatel. I like cream cheese better.

Whiskadoodle said:

So I could use Philadelphia cream cheese?

If Mom is a Chocolate lover, Eagle Brand Sweetened condensed milk has a great recipe. I make this every year for my grandson's birthday and Christmas present. And he sits there and won't even share a bite with anyone. I make the Chocolate Chip recipe. To die for! :yum::yum::chef:

Eagle Brand Search Results

Last edited:
This is a wonderful cheesecake recipe from a cheesecake cookbook that I have. It has never failed me, and has received rave reviews from everyone who's tried it. But of course, I had to change it a little from the original. Otherwise, I just wouldn't be Chief Longwind of the North, now would I.:LOL:

Original New York Cheesecake

Dense, rich, and yummy. This cheesecake is my favorite. My whole family loves it. I give you two options for the preparation. Both use the same recipe. However, option 2 gets trickier, but produces a truly, over-the-top cheesecake. Here’s the recipe.

Ingredients:

For the crust:
1 ½ cups Graham Cracker Crumbs
6 tbs. Butter
2 tbs. Sugar

For the Filling:
2 lbs. Cream cheese
¾ cup Sugar
2 large Eggs
1 tsp. Vanilla extract
2 tbs. Cornstarch
1 cup Sour Cream

Preheat the oven to 450’ F.
Option 1: Combine the crust ingredients and press into the sides and bottom of a 9-inch spring form pan. Place the crust into your freezer for 15 minutes.

Soften the cream cheese in your microwave (Don’t over do it; the cream cheese must be warm, not hot.) and place into a large bowl. Cream in the sugar until everything is smooth. Beat in the remaining ingredients until all is well blended, smooth and creamy.

Remove the crust from the freezer and pour in the filling. Place in the oven and bake for 10 minutes. Lower the temperature to 200’ F. And bake for an additional 35 minutes. Turn off the heat and crack the oven door. Let the cheesecake cool with the oven for 2 to 3 hours. This will help prevent the custard from cracking.

For a firmer cheesecake, bake at 200’ F. For 45 minutes. My favorite topping on cheesecake is sour cream that has been sweetened with sugar or Sucralose. But you can put virtually any fruit pie filling on top that you want. Cheesecake goes great with apple, pineapple, strawberry, blueberry, cherry, even banana cream. It’s all good.

Option 2: Line the spring-form pan with parchment paper and omit the crust. Cook the cheesecake filling in the parchment lined pan. Remove the pan sides when all is cool. Carefully slide the baked custard onto a thin, plastic cutting sheet and set aside. Then bake your crust inside the spring-form pan as in option 1. Fill the crust 1/4 full of firm fruit-filling, or something ridiculously good that will go with the custard flavor. Allow to cool. Gently slide the cheesecake custard into the crust. I know this can be done, because I did it. You could make this red, white and blue by using strawberries on the bottom, followed by cheesecake, and finally blueberries on top. You could put apple pie filling under the custard, with a sweetened, cinnamon flavored whipped cream on top. You could even bake a shallow pumpkin pie custard on the bottom, then place the cheesecake custard on top. Let them try and figure out how you accomplished that trick.:mrgreen: You can do whatever you want with this cheesecake. You could even bake different cheesecake recipes, and layer each custard on top of each other. Be creative. It's for your Mom.

Seeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Back
Top Bottom