ISO help making Castle Cake "Towers"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

chybabe2

Assistant Cook
I'mgetting ready to make a disney princess castle cake saturday for my 4yr old cousin. I have seen how people use the ice cream cones as towers. I bought the regular "cup" like cones today, but i could not find those that are pointed in the bottom :( Is there any other way to create something that is shaped like a pointed tower?? -- I was wondering if i could fill a funnel made with wax paper with icing and freeze it, and then place onto the cake...Is this a good idea or am I headed for disaster?...:rolleyes:
Any suggestions/tips would be GREAT!!

The ice cream would probably melt too fast.The cake would have to be kept frozen.

I'd try going to another store.Or find and ice cream shop.Most of them sell ice cream side goodies.

Good luck.

Munky

i'm not actually using ice cream, just wondering about freezing icing in a shape... does the same effect still apply?

Thanks for the tips!

hmmm. maybe rice krispy treats formed like a cone, then covered in frosting, fondant or whatever you are using. Chocolate molded in a cone shape? Just throwing ideas out there.:rolleyes:

actually i found the cones i was looking for.. but i'm liking the rice crispie idea too! .. all of them sound great! will deffinately try these out.
Thanks!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom