ISO help w/Bailey's Cheesecake

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Boog0515

Cook
I found this recipe on Pinterest, but it seems a little off to me with the heavy cream. 1/4 cup just seems like to little to add in, and it also says to add more heavy cream in later in the recipe but no amount is given. any guesses?

Individual Irish Cheesecake Bombs
Makes 10-12 Individual Mini Cheesecakes
Preparation: Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Line muffin pan wells with cupcake liner.

Jameson Oreo Cookie Crust
  • 12 oreos
  • 3 tablespoons Jameson Whiskey
Instructions:
Place Oreos in a food processor and pulse in three-four 2-second bursts. Pour Jameson whiskey in and pulse two more time to combine. Alternatively, place Oreos in a Ziploc and using a rolling pin or meat tenderizer, crush cookies and mix in Jameson whiskey. Measure out 1 tablespoon of Oreo crumb into each well and, using the bottom of a glass, firmly press Oreo crumbs down.
Cheesecake
  • 2 ½ blocks (20 oz) cream cheese, softened
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
  • ¼ cup Bailey’s Irish Cream
  • ¼ cup heavy cream
  • 1/3 cup of dark chocolate
  • ¼ cup Guinness
Instructions:
1. Add cream cheese and sugar in a bowl and beat until mixture is smooth. Add eggs in one at a time and beat on low after each addition until combined. Add vanilla and beat until combined. Add heavy cream and beat until combined.
2. Place two thirds of cream cheese batter in one bowl and add Bailey’s Irish Cream into it. Use a sturdy spatula or a wooden spoon to stir until combined.
3. Add chocolate and heavy cream into a bowl. Place bowl in the microwave and use 30-second intervals to melt mixture. Make sure to stir the mixture in between each interval until chocolate is melted and combined with heavy cream. Alternatively, place the bowl over (not on) simmering water and heat until mixture is melted and combined.
4. Allow melted chocolate mixture to cool for five minutes before adding it into the remaining cheesecake batter. Once added, stir until combined and then add Guinness and stir until combined.
Assembly:
1. Pour chocolate Guinness cheesecake mixture in first then pour Bailey cheesecake mixture on top. Using a skewer or the tip of a knife, stir mixture to create a swirling effect.
Bake at 350 degrees for about 35-40 minutes. Let cheesecakes cool on oven rack with oven door open for an hour. Finished cheesecake will have a slightly sunken center.

Looks like a poorly written recipe. There looks to be enough liquid in the base recipe with the irish cream, heavy cream, and guinness. If I was to hazard a guess, I would melt the chocolate with an equal amount of heavy cream (by volume) 1/3 cup and add that to the batter. You could also just melt the chocolate and mix with the batter, as long as the ingredients were room temperature from the start. Adding the cream, just makes a ganache which is easier to mix into a batter.

doesn't it sound awesome!! I am dying to make it! :) Thanks for the tip. I am thinking maybe Iwill do a Guinness Brownie base, a whiskey chocolate glaze and then a baileys cheeesecake. We will see how it turns out this weekend :)

Back
Top Bottom