ISO Nut Bread or Coffee Cake recipe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I see there is a post about Pearl Harbor.
Yesterday our grand daughter was born.
She is a Pearl Harbor Day grand baby!

She is Sarah Grace and is simply all those things that we adore in baby's.
I didn't get to see her, her auntie, our daughter did, I was too busy upchucking. Boy this darn flu is a blaster.
Thanks for the congrats! We are truly blessed.

I do appreciate these recipes and would love any and all other ones. After I feel a tab bit better and can better tackle the kitchen with paint, I'll be making these in dough forms, freezing and then baking in new silicone bakeware I think I need to get myself as an early Christmas present. (Like redoing the whole kitchen isn't enough :cry: )

my sister's birthday was yesterday too. and she was married on august 6th. can anyone figure out the correlation of these dates?????

buckytom said:
my sister's birthday was yesterday too. and she was married on august 6th. can anyone figure out the correlation of these dates?????

Well, D-Day is June 6, right? That's the only thing I can come up with off the top of my head, so I'm stumped!

And here's another idea...

Mocha Chip Loaf

1 tablespoon hot water
2 teaspoons French vanilla instant coffee granules
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup mini real semi-sweet chocolate chips
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup butter, softened
2 eggs
1 cup buttermilk**

Heat oven to 350°F. Combine hot water and coffee granules in small bowl; mix until dissolved.

Combine flour, baking powder and salt in medium bowl. Stir in chocolate chips. Set aside.

Combine sugar and butter in large bowl. Beat at medium speed, scraping bowl often, until creamy. Add coffee mixture and eggs. Continue beating, scraping bowl often, until well mixed. Reduce speed to low. Gradually add flour mixture alternately with buttermilk and scraping bowl often, beating well after each addition.

Spoon into greased 9x5-inch loaf pan. Bake for 55 to 65 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Let stand 10 minutes; remove from pan. Cool completely.

**Substitute 1 tablespoon vinegar or lemon juice and enough milk to equal 1 cup. Let stand 10 minutes.

TIP: Recipe may be doubled. Pour batter into 3 (8x4-inch) loaf pans. Bake for 45 to 55 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.

Re: anyone have perfect nut bread/coffee cake recipe?

LEFSElover said:
I would love to do some for the neighbors and don't have anything I'm over the moon about? Can you share please?

Why not a loaf of Julekaga. I made it for neighbors once and they loved it so much that as the holidays approach they always asked me if I was making that Norwegian bread again. I also once made krumkaka, sandbakkles, smørboller, and hjarthorns and made a tin, they also loved that. But the bread is easier. I put a little different stuff in my bread, I use citroen, crystalized ginger, roasted hazlenuts or almonds, and a little green and red pineapple.

Eggnog Coffee Cake

1 1/3 cups granulated sugar
1/2 cup margarine -- (1 stick)
2 whole eggs
3 cups all-purpose flour
3 tsps baking powder
2 cups eggnog

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Beat together sugar and margarine until fluffy.
Beat in eggs.
Stir together flour and baking powder;
stir into sugar mixture alternately with eggnog.
Pour into a greased, floured 13-by-9-inch pan.
Bake 45 to 60 minutes or until toothpick inserted near center comes out clean. Let cool.

for the glaze:
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
eggnog
ground nutmeg

Combine powdered sugar with enough eggnog to make a drizzling consistency. Pour over cake; sprinkle with nutmeg.

Good Luck!

I have a great recipe for banana bread also. It's from one of those City of Commerce cookbook types. :? I just found it! :LOL: I was wrong about where it came from. I didn't think it was in my computer room but lot's of the cookbooks are while we're changing out the kitchen. It's the Happy Cooker CNAL_OWC 178-1979 I can tell you it's on page 83, cause you should see this disgusting tattered and snarled page featuring Banana Bread.

There isn't a word about copyright. I gave the title and the date of it so that's not plagiarizing, right! :roll:

1/2 c butter (personally, I like it best sans butter but with oil of equal amount)
1 t soda
1 t powder
1 pinch salt
1 c sugar
1/2 c chopped nuts (I don't use nuts, hubby doesn't like nuts)
1 1/2 c flour
2 eggs
3-4 ripe bananas
Sift dry ingreds in one bowl. Mix butter, eggs and bananas, combine well, in another bowl. Nuts go in butter mixture and combine. Add wet to dry, bake 40 minutes at 350° in buttered and floured loaf pan. Let cool before slicing.

congrats lefs !!!!!!!!!
sorry you're feeling
crappy. i myself am
just starting to feel
better after getting
sick sunday. hope you
feel better soon !!!
this bug is a nasty one !!

Our favorite coffee cake has always been the Swedish Tea Ring in the Betty Crocker cookbook. Not only is is delicious, but it looks beautiful. I am at work and don't have my cookbooks with me, but if you'd like the recipe I will post it later. It is basically a cinnamon roll recipe, which you form into a ring instead of cutting into rolls. Then you use scissors to cut almost all the way through it, laying each part flat as you go. Then, after it is baked, you top it with a powdered sugar glaze and top each section with a walnut half and maraschino cherry.

:) Barbara

Back
Top Bottom