"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Desserts, Sweets & Cookies & Candy > Cakes & Cupcakes

Old 06-05-2013, 12:00 PM   #1
Certified Pretend Chef

ISO - One Pan Yellow Cake Recipe

I recently posted a chocolate cake recipe, Dinner Sunday 2nd June 2013 that was, a.) smaller in size to fit into an 8" or 9" square pan and, b) a one pan recipe where you mix the recipe in the baking dish and pop it into the oven. Perfect for a lazy baker like me.

I've been searching and cannot find the yellow cake equivalent. Can any of our baking experts offer a helping hand or am I out of luck because "yellow cakes are different"?

Old 06-05-2013, 12:27 PM   #2
Head Chef

I can't help you, Andy, but look forward to seeing what others think.

Old 06-05-2013, 12:42 PM   #3
Executive Chef

I am almost certain that the recipe for the chocolate cake you posted is in the King Arthur Flour 200th Annniversary cookbook. I don't remember if other flavors are included. The cookbook has a chapter on cakes mixed right in the baking pan. I will not be able to find that cookbook until I empty my storage unit, probably in December
Old 06-05-2013, 12:43 PM   #4
Executive Chef

I've been looking, but so far have not found a yellow cake that you mix in the pan. I have found chocolate, applesauce, and carrot cakes you mix in the pan, but not a yellow cake. I have not given up yet................still looking................
Old 06-05-2013, 12:48 PM   #5
Executive Chef

I did find a recipe for a small vanilla cake, but not one that says to mix it in the pan. It does however, say that it is a one bowl cake. It is not exactly what you are asking for, but I will post it anyway since it is a smaller cake recipe.

Recipe: One-Bowl Vanilla Cake :: Alice Medrich :: Culinate

And here is one that might do well if you tried mixing it up in the pan with a wisk. Are you up for an experiment?

http://www.cookooree.com/u/alchemist...-fresh-berries
Old 06-05-2013, 02:08 PM   #6
Certified Pretend Chef

Thanks chopper. I did a lot of looking before I posted so I understand your not being able to find it either.
Old 06-05-2013, 04:37 PM   #7
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M. View Post
Thanks chopper. I did a lot of looking before I posted so I understand your not being able to find it either.
I figured that you had already looked, but I was having fun with it. I also looked in my books here at home and am still looking, but have not found what you are seeking.
Old 06-05-2013, 07:32 PM   #8
Everymom

Andy, I think I have one that uses butterscotch pudding mix in it. Do you want that one? I'm pretty sure I know where to find it.
Old 06-05-2013, 08:14 PM   #9
Certified Pretend Chef

Thanks Alix but I'm looking for a classic yellow cake to complement the chocolate one I found.
Old 06-05-2013, 08:23 PM   #10
Everymom

Okey dokey. Let me know if you change your mind.

Tags
cake, recipe

ISO - One Pan Yellow Cake Recipe I recently posted a chocolate cake recipe, [URL]http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f104/dinner-sunday-2nd-june-2013-a-85786.html#post1271578[/URL] that was, a.) smaller in size to fit into an 8" or 9" square pan and, b) a one pan recipe where you mix the recipe in the baking dish and pop it into the oven. Perfect for a lazy baker like me. I've been searching and cannot find the yellow cake equivalent. Can any of our baking experts offer a helping hand or am I out of luck because "yellow cakes are different"? 3 stars 1 reviews