ISO strawberry cheesecake recipe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Turando

Cook
Hi,

In Australia, we buy these yummy cheesecake from the Cheesecake Shop which is a cheesecake with a strawberry covering on top. The actual cake I think is just a normal cheesecake but the top is like a red strawberry glaze with the whole thing covering the strawberry slices. Let me see if I can find a picture:

Products (for State)

The cake is called the Strawberry Glaze. The description says: A delightful baked cheesecake topped with strawberries and jelly glaze.

This might show how the top looks a bit better:

cheese_strawb_baked.jpg

Any idea how I could try to replicate something similiar?

I've only made one type of cheesecake before which was a non baked one but it came out great :) I wanted to make something similar for my husband as it is his favourite cake.

Thanks!

p.s. the reason I want to make it and not just buy it is that we aren't in Aus at the moment! :)

Last edited:
My suggestion is to make a glaze. Pour as much as needed over your berries. (You wouldn't want it to be soupy.) Place on top of your cheesecake.

The glaze I use is:
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup water
1/4 cup strawberry gelatin
2 Tablespoons cornstarch
Bring to a boil....then cool until thickened.

TNT Strawberry Glazed Cheesecake

Try this recipe. It always comes out amazing. It's a basic cheesecake topped with whole fresh strawberries and a strawberry glaze. It might not be the exact thing you're thinking of, but it sounds pretty close and it tastes awesome.

Strawberry Glazed Cheesecake

Crust ingredients:
1-1/2 cups crushed graham cracker crumbs
1/3 cup butter, melted
1/3 cup sugar

Filling ingredients:
1-1/4 lbs. cream cheese, softened
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 tsp. lemon rind, grated
3/4 tsp. orange rind, grated
1-1/2 Tbsps. all purpose flour, sifted
3 eggs, room temperature
1 whole egg yolk
2 Tbsps. heavy cream
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract

Topping ingredients:
4-1/4 cups fresh strawberries, washed and hulled
3/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup cold water
1/8 tsp. salt (necessary)
1-1/2 Tbsps. cornstarch
1 tsp. unsalted butter, softened
1/8 tsp. red food coloring

Instructions

Preheat oven to temperature 350°F.

Mix crust ingredients together and press into pie pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 8 to 10 minutes; set aside.

Reduce oven temperature to temperature 250°F.

Beat cream cheese in a bowl with an electric mixer until soft. Add 3/4 cup sugar, lemon rind, orange rind and 1-1/2 Tbs. flour. Mix thoroughly. Add eggs and yolk one at a time, beating after each addition until just incorporated. Beat cream and vanilla. Pour into crust and bake about 65 minutes until edges are firm and center jiggles slightly when pan is moved. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.

Purée 1 cup strawberries in a food processor or blender. Press through a strainer. Combine strawberry purée, 3/4 cup sugar, cold water, salt and cornstarch in a saucepan. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Boil 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and stir in 1 tsp. butter and food coloring. Cool slightly. Arrange whole berries over top of cheesecake. Serve glaze over cheesecake.

Enjoy! :chef:

Iam not a big dessert maker, but my family loves cheesecake- I cheat and use the -jell-o brand no-bake cheesecake mix and add a 8oz block of softened cream cheese, then top with cherry or strawberry pie filling. Easy and everyone love it, including me !!

Back
Top Bottom