ISO : The Least 'Tangy' Tasting Cheesecake Recipe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Everyone, GG? Au contraire, mon ami. There is just "something" that I don't like about Red Velvet cake flavor. Plus, to me, white chocoate is "meh". Give me the rich, fudgy taste of chocolate chocolate. Dang, now I've given myself a taste-worm. :(

I to fail to expect to find red with the flavor of chocolate. Chocolate is dark brown, not red, not white. :angel:

Yes, I know you're not into trying foods that are different from what you grew up with.

I have had Red Velvet Cake on many occasions. I will eat it, but I can honestly say it is not my favorite cake flavor. I prefer a yellow or white cake. But after that chocolate comes in. Red Velvet does not leave a taste of chocolate in my mouth.

RVC is a Southern inspired cake. But it is making inroads here up north. A lot of brides are now choosing it for their wedding cake. Even if for only one of the layers. Give it time. I am sure it will become more popular in the future up here. :angel:

Last edited:
K-Girl, I can't recommend this recipe since I've never tried it (even though it is in my "Dessert" folder), but there are a mere three drops of lemon extract in the sponge cake base and absolutely no lemon in the cheesecake part. Maybe you can omit the lemon from the base. MAYBE your DH might take a nibble...if you beg. *sigh* Meanwhile, I would happily accept an invitation to scarf down half of this baby should you chose to make it. ;) I now have "springform pan" on my BBB "to-buy" list...

Juniors Famous Cheesecake

I to fail to expect to find red with the flavor of chocolate. Chocolate is dark brown, not red, not white. :angel:
I never thought a red velvet cake should taste like chocolate. To me, it tastes like it could be pure food coloring, if food coloring has any flavor at all. And "white chocolate"? Um, without the cocoa, it should be illegal to call it chocolate. :glare:

About my taste for something chocolatey fudgy: as good as Bakechef's brownies are (and my hips will attest to that), if I can get my "get going" working, I just might try this recipe for Fudgy Brownies. They sound so :yum:!

What Dawg said.

There are lots of flavors of cheesecake besides lemon. Here's a great option. If your husband finds this sour, or even tangy, well then - tough noogies! :LOL: Based on the other desserts I've seen from you, I think you can do this easily. If my DH liked pecans, I'd make it.

Layered Turtle Cheesecake Recipe | Taste of Home

This gave me an idea. Was thinking about making a Bûche de Noël for Christmas. The youngest DGG is a very picky eater but loves Red Velvet cake so she'd definitely give it a try. Maybe a no-bake filling with white chocolate and cream cheese of some type. I'll have to think on this.

The best cheesecake recipe I've ever used is:
Original New York Cheesecake

Rich, and yummy. This cheesecake is my favorite. My whole family loves it. Here’s the recipe.

Ingrediants:

For the crust:
1 ½ cups Graham Cracker Crumbs
6 tbs. Butter
2 tbs. Sugar

For the Filling:
2 lbs. Cream cheese (4 eight ounce packs)
¾ cup Sugar
2 large Eggs
1 tsp. Vanilla extract
2 tbs. Cornstarch
1 cup Sour Cream

Preheat the oven to 450’ F.
Combine the crust ingrediants and press into the sides and bottom of a 9-inch springform pan. Place the crust into your freezer for 15 minutes.

Soften the cream cheese in your microwave (Don’t overdo it; the cream cheese must be warm, not hot.) and place into a large bowl. Cream in the sugar until everything is smooth. Beat in the remaining ingredients until all is well blended, smooth and creamy.

Remove the crust from the freezer and pour in the filling. Place in the oven and bake for 10 minutes. Lower the temperature to 200’ F. And bake for an additional 35 minutes. Turn off the heat and crack the oven door. Gently jiggle the pan, The cheesecake filling should move slightly, like if it was just a bit under-cooked. Let the cheesecake cool with the oven for 2 to 3 hours. This will help prevent the custard from cracking. The cheesecake custard will continue cooking while it cools, and will give you a silky-smooth, and creamy texture.

For a firmer cheesecake, bake at 200’ F. for 45 minutes. My favorite topping on cheesecake is sour cream that has been sweetened with sugar or Stevia. But you can put virtually any fruit pie filling on top that you want. Cheesecake goes great with apple, pineapple, strawberry, blueberry, cherry, even banana cream. It’s all good.

Seeeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Personally, I'd find it pretty hard to name a "favorite" cheesecake since there are several I like. I'll go out of my way to get a piece of Cheesecake Factory's Godiva cheesecake. Their Oreo cheesecake is definitely something I won't turn my nose up at either. My BIL's layered triple chocolate cheesecake (white, milk, dark) is definitely a go to as well, and if I'm truly in the mood for decadent chocolate, I'll make the fudge sauce that goes with it. While not truly a cheesecake, I'm always up for a piece of cherry cheesepie. And I'll never turn down a piece of plain New York style cheesecake. There are even a couple of savory cheesecakes we've made that were pretty darn good.

In fact, the only cheesecake I don't like is one made with ricotta. No idea why but I just don't like the taste of any I've ever tried. Don't like ricotta on pizzas either. Weird because I do like ricotta in stuffed pastas and lasagnas and even to eat on its own in small amounts, especially if freshly made.

Back
Top Bottom