ISO TNT Caramel Frosting Recipe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Barbara L

Traveling Welcome Wagon
I tried doing a search, but it was like looking for a needle in a haystack, so here is what I am looking for. My mom used to make a really good caramel frosting, which she used on applesauce cake and on spice cake. It is NOT light and fluffy, but rather it is firm to the touch. Does anyone have something like that?

:)Barbara

I know this is of no help at all but, my mom used to make spice cake with the same frosting/icing. I seem to remember she used Jiffy box icing.
Man that was wayy back there! :rolleyes:

Thank you Wyogal!! That recipe looks just like hers, and I just happen to have the ingredients, so it looks like we will be having spice cake for dessert. :chef:

Thanks to you too chefkathleen. :cool:

Thank you Wyogal!! That recipe looks just like hers, and I just happen to have the ingredients, so it looks like we will be having spice cake for dessert. :chef:

Thanks to you too chefkathleen. :cool:

No thanks needed Barbara. It brought back good memories. Let us know how it turns out. :)

Thanks GW!

I tried the one from Wyogal's link. It was good, but it didn't come out with the right consistency. It was hot and very humid today, so maybe that had something to do with it? James loved it, and I liked it, but let's just say it didn't bring back any memories. :cool: I will try it again on a day that isn't so humid.

Back
Top Bottom