Kürtős Kalács (or Chimney Cake)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

larry_stewart

Master Chef
So I'm in NYC, strolling through the Bryant Park Christmas Shops and I stumbled upon a stand that sells Kürtős Kalács (or Chimney Cake). Warm, freshly baked, and internally covered with nutella.

So here is my question:
Has anyone ever made these ( or something similar) at home without the help of a special oven ? ( which, although I havnt done extensive searches, are about $2000 + a pop. And although I could probably eat $2000 worth of these things to justify getting an oven, I'm not sure its the best way for me to invest that much :LOL:

I have a few creative ideas going through my head, just curious if anyone else has done it.

Attachments

• images.jpeg
    images.jpeg
    10.6 KB · Views: 187
Larry, I googled this and clicked on images. There are some ideas for making them with normal kitchen tools in a regular oven. I'm sure deeper research will reveal the details.

Up until fairly recently these were traditionally made using a rotisserie over a wood fire. I'd be willing to bet you could also "bake" them on the grill using a rotisserie attachment. Just a thought.

How about using cannoli tubes?

The creme horns made with puff pastry and filled with whipped cream sound similar or the Krumkake made from waffles.

Even if you fail they will still be delicious! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

Back
Top Bottom