Kase Sahne Torte

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Topaz

Assistant Cook
I've been to Germany a few times and I can't tell you how much I looooooove kase sahne torte. I love that it's so creamy and it's delicious with mandarin on top.

Does anyone have an authentic recipe (in English) which I can use to make this for myself?

Otherwise I'll have to make the 4 hour trip to Stuttgart just for cake :ohmy:

CHEESE AND WHIPPING CREAM CAKE♦
(KÄSE-SAHNETORTE)
CAKE:
3 eggs (separated)
2 tablespoons cold water
1/2 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract.
1/3 cup flour
1/3 cup cornstarch
1 teaspoon baking powder

Beat 3 egg whites with a dash of salt until stiff and set aside. Beat 3 egg yolks with cold water, gradually adding sugar and vanilla extract until creamy (about 10 minutes). Mix flour, cornstarch and baking powder and sprinkle over egg yolk mixture. Pour the stiff egg whites over it and carefully fold into the egg yolk mixture until mixed. Pour batter in a greased and floured (10” X 3”) springform pan and bake in a preheated oven at 375º for 15-20 minutes. Take out of the oven and let it sit in the pan for 10 minutes. Place the cake on a platter and set aside to cool for at least 1 hour.
FILLING:
2 15 oz. containers ricotta cheese
6 tablespoons milk
1 lemon
1 cup sugar
6 tablespoons cold water
3 envelopes unflavored gelatine
1 1/2 cups whipping cream
1/4 cup powdered sugar

Place ricotta cheese in a large bowl discarding any liquid. Stir in milk, sugar, grated lemon rind and 3 1/2 tablespoons juice of lemon. Pour 4 tablespoons cold water into a small bowl. Sprinkle 2 envelopes gelatine over it and stir. Place the bowl into a saucepan with water and bring it to a boil. Take off the heat and stir until the gelatine is dissolved. Cool slightly and pour slowly into the cheese mixture stirring until mixed. Pour 2 tablespoons water into a small bowl, sprinkle 1 envelope gelatine over it and stir. Place the bowl into a saucepan with water and bring to a boil. Remove from the heat and stir until gelatine is dissolved and cool slightly. Beat 1 1/2 cups whipping cream with 1/4 cup powdered sugar until fairly stiff. Add gelatine slowly beating until stiff. Fold into cheese mixture.

Cut cake into two layers. Place bottom on a cake platter and put the rim of the springform pan around it. Spread the cheese mixture on the cake and cover it with the top layer. Carefully press down on it until it is tight. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon powdered sugar over the top. Refrigerate the cake for 2 1/2 to 3 hours. Before serving slide a knife dipped in hot water around the rim and then carefully remove the rim.
Makes one 10” cake

Back
Top Bottom