Katie's Black Devils Food Cake (continued)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
i wasn't allowed to reply to the OP because it was to old. How silly!! anyway Katie thank you so much for this recipe. We love it!! this is what i made tonight.

Dessert:

Devils Food Cake

img_849293_0_37c1aa9df6b64a71b3cff4fba12bb7df.jpg

Whipped cream, sliced banana and sliced strawberry in the middle.

img_849293_1_a9d647bc188abfe312cc4ee5ea8a139a.jpg

img_849293_2_dd421e3fe66d023a7e6cb0f3086d2f60.jpg

Cherry topping, whipped cream and flaked coconut on top.

img_849293_3_97c0d627d1f3975d8133553dd40e8bcf.jpg

My daughter had just cherry topping and sliced banana on top.

img_849293_4_fc664acb01497fa1e1fdf969d52e8dfe.jpg

BTW WHOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOO my oven works again!!

You just need to click the acknowledgement bar saying you know its an old post but you want to reply anyway. Then it will let you post in that thread.

Cake looks delish!

You just need to click the acknowledgement bar saying you know its an old post but you want to reply anyway. Then it will let you post in that thread.

Cake looks delish!
thank you alix!! it's ok this is such a fantastic cake it deserved another dedicated thread!! i needed to see if my oven was indeed fixed after 3 trys. i couldn't think of anything better to test. if it had ruined this cake YOU would have heard me screaming!! LOL

LMAO!!! I can see it now.

Alix: Do you hear that?
Ken: It sounds like screaming.
Alix: Its sounds like...someone who is really mad about a cake destruction. Hmmm...QUICK! To the Batcave! Someone needs our help!

LMAO!!! I can see it now.

Alix: Do you hear that?
Ken: It sounds like screaming.
Alix: Its sounds like...someone who is really mad about a cake destruction. Hmmm...QUICK! To the Batcave! Someone needs our help!
ROLFL!! alix to the rescue. not sure who would be robin.

Told ya so!!!! It's been a winner in my house for years and years and years and.....

Glad you like it.
there you are seetie!! btw did you create this recipe or is it based on another?

have i done your cake justice?

Thanks Msmofet was looking for something new to try today. This looking sooooooo good. How strong do you consider strong coffee ?
thank you it is so gooooooooooooooooooooood!!

I am not a baker, but I've made Katies cake about 5 times now..My family asks for it all the time..They just love it.Msmofet love the wat that you served it.
kades

Thanks Msmofet was looking for something new to try today. This looking sooooooo good. How strong do you consider strong coffee ?
hmmmmmmmmmmmmm i use my blend of coffee beans (it consists of whatever beans smells and taste good at the time. this bag in my freezer has about 10 kinds including white and dark chocolates, nuts and coconut beans among others. smells great while brewing and tastes fantastic). i use the mr. coffee measure and measure 1 extra full heaping scoop of beans for each 2 cups of coffeee i want. i grind them on a fine setting which helps in making it strong, brew, drink 2 cups with sugar and 1/2 and 1/2 then make the cake. LOL

I am not a baker, but I've made Katies cake about 5 times now..My family asks for it all the time..They just love it.Msmofet love the wat that you served it.
kades
thank you kad!! it just seems all those flavors blend so nicely.

Back
Top Bottom