Kentucky Bourbon Spiked Bread Pudding

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Erik

Sous Chef
I make individual servings in about 6 oz soup cups, spray each with non-stick cooking spray.

At the bottom of each cup, I place a few (5-6)pecans and a little of this brown sugar/butter mixture on top.

Mixture:

1/2 lb brown sugar
1/2 lb butter

Over medium heat, Melt butter, stir in brown sugar until dissolved into a sauce, then with a teaspoon, spoon into dessert cups before it cools.

Preheat oven to 350.

Bread Pudding:
1 pound French style bread (the firmer the better)
3 1/4 cups milk
1 cup bourbon
3 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 cup raisins
Tear bread into medium pieces, and place in bowl with bourbon. Add sugar and cinnamon. Mix milk,
lightly beaten eggs, and vanilla. Add to bread mix. Add raisins in, and incorporate, until blended well. Scoop into individual cups, filling to the top.

Put cups in large baking dish in a waterbath, and bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until lightly brown.

Bourbon Sauce

1 cup granulated sugar
6 tablespoons butter, melted
1/2 cup buttermilk
3 tablespoons Bourbon
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 tablespoon white corn syrup
1 teaspoon vanilla

In a sauce pan mix all ingredients. Bring to a boil for 1 minute. Chill.

For serving...warm bread pudding in microwave, for 30-45 seconds in microwave. Take small knife around inside edge of cup to loosen bread pudding, and gently set upside down on chilled dessert plate, and letting brown sugar/butter sauce drizzle on top from cup.

Serve with chilled boubron sauce, and whipped cream.

Enjoy!!!!

Oh my gosh. That sounds absolutely decadent. My sister LOVES bread pudding, I think I will surprise her with this next time she visits. Thanks Erik.

Back
Top Bottom