Key Lime Cheesecake with Ricotta cheese?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

badscooter

Assistant Cook
Hi, I'm wondering if anyone has a recipe for Key Lime Cheesecake using Ricotta cheese? The only one I have uses cream cheese and sour cream but not Ricotta. Being Italian, I just love it. I am a big fan of cheesecakes and would love to share recipes.

Thanks for any suggestions. :D

No-Bake Key Lime Cheesecake

Yield: 12 servings

1 tablespoon wheat germ
2 cups plus 1 tablespoon sugar substitute (recommended: Splenda)
16 ounces real cream cheese, room temperature
1 cup sour cream
1 cup whole milk ricotta cheese
3/4 cup Key lime juice (fresh or bottled)
2 tablespoons no sugar added vanilla extract
1/4 cup hot water
2 limes, zested, divided
3 envelopes unflavored gelatin (recommended: Knoxx brand)
3/4 cup boiling water
Special Equipment: 10-inch deep pie plate or cake pan

Sprinkle the wheat germ and 1 tablespoon sugar substitute over the bottom of the pie plate to create a "faux" crust.
In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat the softened cream cheese, sour cream, ricotta cheese, lime juice, 2 cups sugar substitute, vanilla extract, 1/4 cup hot water, and zest of 1 lime on medium speed until well combined.

Using a fork to mix, thoroughly dissolve the 3 envelopes of gelatin in 3/4 cup boiling water. Do not let cool and move onto the next step immediately. (It is important that the water be boiling hot and that you mix the gelatin powder in quickly so it is completely dissolved. If not, you will have gummy bear-type lumps.) With the mixer on high and working very quickly so the gelatin does not set, blend the hot dissolved gelatin thoroughly into cheesecake mixture. Immediately pour mixture into the prepared pie pan and sprinkle with the zest of the other lime. Chill in the refrigerator for about 3 to 4 hours or until firm. Serve.

Hint: If you have any extra cheesecake mixture left over after filling the pie pan (I always do), put it in a pastry bag or heavy-duty plastic bag and put it in your freezer for about 7 to 10 minutes, just to firm it up a bit to the thickness of whipped cream. Then take it out and decorate the top of the Key Lime Cheesecake. (If it is in a plastic bag, snip the corner off.)

Nutrition Information
Nutritional Analysis per Serving Calories 238
Total Fat 19 grams Saturated Fat 13 grams
Carbohydrates 8 grams Net Carbohydrates 8 grams
Fiber 0 grams

Thanks Rainee. I'll give that a shot. :D

Here's the non no-bake one I was using and it's always been a fan favorite. I was just hoping for one with a bit more cheese flavor.

1 1/2 cups finely ground graham cracker crumbs
2 tablespoons white sugar
1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
1 1/4 pounds cream cheese, softened
3/4 cup white sugar
1 cup sour cream
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
3 eggs
3/4 cup key lime juice
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

To make Crust: In a bowl stir together the graham cracker crumbs and 2 tablespoons sugar, stir in the butter well. Pat the mixture into the bottom and 1/2 inch up the side of a buttered 10 inch springform pan and bake the crust in a preheated 375 degree F (190 degree C) oven for 8 minutes. Transfer the pan to a rack and cool.

In a large bowl with an electric mixer, beat cream cheese and 3/4 cup sugar until smooth, beat in the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in the sour cream, flour, lime juice and vanilla. Beat the mixture until it is smooth.

Pour the filling over the crust. Bake the cheesecake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes, reduce the temperature to 250 degrees F (120 degrees C) and bake for 50 to 55 minutes longer, or until center is barely set. Let the cheesecake cool on a rack, then chill it, covered, overnight. Remove the cheesecake from the pan and transfer it to a cake stand.

Back
Top Bottom