Kitty Litter Cake

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jude

Cook
KITTY LITTER CAKE

1 German chocolate cake mix
1 white cake mix
1 large pkg vanilla instant pudding mix
1 pkg. vanilla sandwich cookies
Green food coloring
12 small Tootsie Rolls
1 new (and definitely unused) kitty litter pan
1 new plastic kitty litter pan liner
1 new Pooper Scooper

Prepare cake mixes and bake according to directions (any size pans.)
Prepare pudding mix and chill until ready to assemble. Crumble white sandwich cookies in small batches in food processor, scraping often.

Set aside all but about 1/4 cup. To the 1/4 cup cookie crumbs, add a few drops green food coloring and mix using a fork.

When cakes are cooled to room temperature, crumble into a large bowl. Toss with half the remaining white cookie crumbs and the chilled pudding. (Mix in just enough of the pudding to moisten it. You don't want it soggy. Combine gently).

Line new, clean kitty litter box. Put mixture into litter box.
Put 3 unwrapped Tootsie rolls in a microwave safe dish and heat until soft and pliable. Shape ends to they are no longer blunt, curving slightly. Repeat with 3 more Tootsie rolls and bury them in mixture.

Sprinkle the other half of cookie crumbs over top.

Scatter the green cookie crumbs lightly over the top. (This is supposed to look like the chlorophyll in kitty litter.) Heat 3 Tootsie Rolls in the microwave until almost melted.

Scrape them on top of the cake; sprinkle with cookie crumbs.
Spread remaining Tootsie Rolls over the top; take one and heat until pliable, hang it over the side of the box, sprinkling it lightly with cookie crumbs.

Place the box on a newspaper and sprinkle a few of the cookie crumbs around.
Serve with a new Pooper Scooper.

That would be so funny on April Fool's Day or Halloween.

I know how the women in my family are though...they wouldn't eat it! :roll:

I agree. It is a very good cake though. I sure wouldn't want to look at it after partying, huh???

You OBVIOUSLY had your Wheaties this morning!!

My, are we on top of the witty scale today, Buck!

lol audeo. no wheaties, yuk, i think they are why athletes compete so hard, so they can get a decent breakfast.
actually, i'm punchy from exhaustion. my little buddy was sick all night, teething and earache. i left work early yesterday and met dw and my boy at the doc's. he was up all night, and so were we.

Hope little bucky feels better soon. I think my sis is going thru the same thing with Cute Nephew. She sent out an APB Friday to all the mommies in the family on ways to calm him down.

Am I glad those days are over :eek: except for the munchkin grandkids. Seems like everytime the little one comes over that's when she gets sick. Guess she just needs TLC from Nana. She can get it here and she knows it. She is our miracle grandbaby soooooo yes she is spoiled.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom