Kladdkaka

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CakePoet

Head Chef
Kladdkaka, there is as manyrecipes as there is families in Sweden. Mine is based on trail and error and bit of chemistry too, just to get it perfect.
This is a "matured" kladdkaka, so it takes 8 hours to do, you can eat it before but it will be at it best after a long rest.

Kladdkaka serve 4 or 8 or just 1.

100 gram butter
2 eggs
300 ml sugar
150 ml flour
½ tablespoon vanilla extract
1 pinch of salt
4 tablespoon unsweetened baking cocoa powder.
1 tablespoon of water, booze , coffee or orange juice.

Turn the oven to 150C.
grease and line 8 inch spring form tin.

Melt butter and whisk in the cocoa and the pinch of salt. In a separate bowl whisk the egg, vanilla and sugar fluffy. Fold in the flour and add the cocoa/ butter mix. Now add the liquid of choice ( for adults I use whisky or rum, for kids water) and make sure it well combined. Pour the batter in to the tin and bake for about 28 to 35 minutes. It should still be wobbly when it comes out. Leave to cool and then set in the fridge for about 8 hours to set.

Serve with whipped cream or icecream and if you want to some fresh fruit.

So that was basic kladdkaka, to make it even better, you can do this.

Dulce de leche kladdkaka:
Simple spread dulce de leche on the cake when cool. Put the fridge and when it sets, spread melted chocolate on top. Done!

Nutella:
Spread nutella over the cooled cake, plonk in some rosted hazelnuts, let the cake cool for a hour or two before drizzzling over some melted chocolate.

Raspberries ganache:
Make som dark chocolate ganache, fill the cake and in a nice patter put in fresh raspberries, if you dont like raspberries, use strawberries, if you hate that use pitted fresh cherries.

Om My God, No way, Argh the plate broke cake.

You need 3 times the recipe of kladdkaka.
Divided the batter in to six, instead of 3 and bake them at 175 C for about 20- 25 minutes. Now leave the cakes to cool completely and set up in the fridge.
To larger the cakes, use thick toffee or fudge sauce or dulce de leche, add this to every layer. Smoother the cake in Chocolate ganache, drizzle toffee or fudge sauce over, add some chocolate candy and just be sure you have sturdy enough cake plate, or it will break. Eat, this cake should be eaten in thin slices.

CharlieD, well yes and no. If baked too long it becomes more like a brownies if baked correctly and set over night it becomes more chocolate truffle like in texture.

And it it shouldn't be served square, it should be in cake pieces .

Last edited:
CharlieD, well yes and no. If baked too long it becomes more like a brownies if baked correctly and set over night it becomes more chocolate truffle like in texture.

What does "cake pieces" mean?

Well think of a round cake, cut in to pieces , you know triangle shape with pieces of cake. What is called in English??

You may have a quirky lifestyle, but when all of this is over in my life, I am going to Iceland, Norway, and Sweden. You are on my list of people I want to meet! Thanks!

I normally ask my husband when I cant for the life of me remember the word, klyftor and kil was what the computer gave when it came to wedge and not tårtbit ( cake piece).

CWS: I put the coffee on, you be here noon 2019?
I live in a town that has the emigration records, or at least used to, things might have changed, so can check for living relatives in Sweden.

Well I am utterly sorry but in Swedish Kaka is cake and kacka is poo and the last one sound more how the slavic pronounce it then the first one does.

Yes, it is hell of difference beten two consonants and one in the Swedish langauge.

Full means drunk, ful means ugly, one you can sober up from the other one is stuck with you for life.

I do not make fun about Pippa, Oren, Burk or any other word or name that has difference meaning in Swedish, I respect other peoples language.

Yeah and Honda Fitta got another name in Sweden due to the meaning female genital.

Well I am utterly sorry but in Swedish Kaka is cake and kacka is poo and the last one sound more how the slavic pronounce it then the first one does.

Yes, it is hell of difference beten two consonants and one in the Swedish langauge.

Full means drunk, ful means ugly, one you can sober up from the other one is stuck with you for life.

I do not make fun about Pippa, Oren, Burk or any other word or name that has different meaning in Swedish, I respect other peoples language.

I don't think anybody was making fun of any language.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom