Lazy Daisy cake

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jeff G.

Head Chef
One of my childhood favorites. I baked a 1/3 batch tonight in a 9x9 pan.

Fantastic!!!!!!

6 eggs, beaten
3 c. granulated sugar
3 tsp. vanilla
3 c. flour
3 tsp. baking powder
1 1/2 c. warm milk
3 tbsp. melted butter

Beat eggs, add sugar. Add vanilla, beat until light yellow.
Mix together flour and baking powder and add alternately with melted butter and milk. Mix well. Pour into 12x16 inch greased pan. Bake in moderate 350 degree oven for 25 to 30 minutes.

LAZY DAISY ICING:

1 3/4 c. brown sugar
1/2 c. milk
9 tbsp. butter
3 c. coconut

Mix and let stand in a warm place while cake is baking. When cake is done, spoon mixture

over cake. Return to oven until icing browns under broiler.

Oh man, is this a blast from my childhood! My recipe is actually for a 9x9 pan with the same broiled coconut topping.

I believe there have been some posts before on Lazy Daisy cakes before. I think Alix has one with oatmeal in it.

Oh man, is this a blast from my childhood! My recipe is actually for a 9x9 pan with the same broiled coconut topping.

I believe there have been some posts before on Lazy Daisy cakes before. I think Alix has one with oatmeal in it.
For a 9x9 pan, divide everything by 3. I did that tonight and its perfect.

Well, actually, a 12 X 16 pan would be 192 square inches. Divided by 3, that's 64 square inches, which would be an 8 X 8 pan.

For a 9x9 pan, divide everything by 3. I did that tonight and its perfect.

No, I actually have a Lazy Daisy recipe that IS for a 9 x 9 pan. I haven't made it for years. I have always doubled it for a 9x13 (yes, I know Scotch, the dimensions aren't exactly right ;)). It is similar to your recipe, Geoff, with a few differences. With mine you actually scald the milk.

Last edited:
I remember that cake from years ago. I'd like to make it again soon. Funny how many things I've forgotten.

Should have added.. divide by 2 for a regular cake pan.. it will be close enough.

A 9 X 9 pan is 26½% larger in area than an 8 X 8 pan. Not a problem except that pan size will affect the thickness of the cake and thus the required baking time, as well as the ratio of cake to icing. Not a biggie, especially if the results are acceptable, but still something to be aware of when baking.

Back
Top Bottom