Lemon Cake

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kadesma

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
This will make two loaves, it tastes as great the second or third day as it did the first. Try it with a bracing cup of coffee or tea about 3 in the afternoon. You can use it as a dessert with a compote of apples or pears or even fresh pineapple. Enjoy
first off heat oven to 350 325 for mine In bowl of electric mixer combine 5 large eggs,and 1-1/2 cups vanilla sugar til blended well. with the mixer on low speed slowly add in 3/4 cup creme fraiche or heavy cream, 2-1/4 cups a/p flour,1 tea. baking powder,7 Tab. melted unsalted butter cooled,1/2 cup fresh lemon juice and the zest of 4 lemons. make sure ingredients are in the order given. Beat til super smooth. Divide the bater into 2 loaf pans,. bake til golden about 60 min. Remove from oven and cool on rack unmold and cut loaves into thin slices.Store wrapped in plastic wrap for several days.
kades

Yum! Lemon! Thanks, Ma!
Thanks PF. Quick question, I made some mayo with8 small Italian onions cippolini's and same amout of small garlic cloves. Need to know how much olive oil to use to mix up a batch of mayo. It smells wonderfull and I need to get it done for use tomorrows dinner or lunch. HELP
ma

Thanks PF. Quick question, I made some mayo with8 small Italian onions cippolini's and same amout of small garlic cloves. Need to know how much olive oil to use to mix up a batch of mayo. It smells wonderfull and I need to get it done for use tomorrows dinner or lunch. HELP
ma

Use about 1/4 cup, when it starts getting thick, then move to adding it a tablespoon at a time. Stop when it's the consistency you like. Just like you would with making real mayo. Hope that helps!:)

Use about 1/4 cup, when it starts getting thick, then move to adding it a tablespoon at a time. Stop when it's the consistency you like. Just like you would with making real mayo. Hope that helps!:)
Thanks that is what I did. Looks and tastes wonderful.
ma

Back
Top Bottom