Lemon Curd and Blueberry Cake

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gravy Queen

Head Chef
I have made this a few times now it's a wonderful cake from the BBC Good Food website . I did it gluten free and it works really well .

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 320
Very pretty, GQ! Love the combo of lemon & blueberries. Thank you for sharing. :)

My 2 most fav dessert ingredients! Yes, please post recipe or link.
Thanks for the added pic.

Ok, I made a fresh batch of lemon curd last night. I ran to the market and got a pint of blackberries. Started gathering my ingredients.. Doh !! Out of butter...
Will make this today... please stand by....

Well the cake is waiting to be eaten. Was super simple to make, however I think my icing was a little thin as it ran off the sides rather than sit on top. Still looks good. Taste test soon (we all licked the bowl - wow!)

Haste makes waste...

Well, I followed the instructions and made this beautiful looking, wonderful smelling cake and then I killed it... :wacko:

I made two mistakes in my haste:
1) I put way too much lemon juice into the icing sugar initially. This caused the icing to be very loose and clear. I added more sugar to thicken it up, but I don't think I did enough as it was still a little loose. It did turn opaque though.

2) cake was too warm to spread icing. So my already loose icing melted on contact and ran off the sides and soaked into my cake. This completely changed the texture to more of a pudding type of thing.

It was still tasty if not exactly like the picture. But I know what NOT to do next time....
Thanks again for the recipe !!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom