As per your request, here is the recipe:
250 grams of French room temperature butter creamy style
1 cup of sugar
3 eggs, lightly beaten
1 tblsp. vanilla extract
1 tblsp. lemon zest minced very finely
1 cip of fine semolina flour
1/4 cup dry coconut
1 1/4 cups A.P. Flour ( All Purpose )
3/4 cup confectioner sugar for the glaze
1 cup water
2 large fresh lemons sliced in thin slices for topping as in foto
1. pre heat oven 180 centig and butter a deep round baking pan 23 cm. and place a sheet of buttered parchment at the base of baking pan
2. with an electric mixer, combine the butter and sugar and mix for 10 mins. until combined well
3. Then, add the eggs and gradually blend more and then add the vanilla and the semolina and mix another 5 mins.
4. now, incorporate the coconut flakes and with a metal spoon, mix in the AP flour and mix until the texture is smooth and creamy
5. Now place this mixture in the parchment in the baking pan and bake for 50 mins. to 1 hour
6. insert a skewer, and when it comes out clean, it is ready
7. let cake cool at room temperature and then, top the cake with the lemon topping
*** the topping instructions
1) in sauce pan, simmer the sugar and the water, and mix until dissolved
2) stir constantly until well dissolved
3) place the lemon slices in the pan and simmer 10 mins.
4) do not cover and do not stir
*** WHEN THE LEMON MIXTURE IS COOL ENOUGH, PLACE ON TOP OF CAKE ...
This cake comes from Pelopponese, Greece and has a sort of Bizcocho type texture.
Great for breakfast too ... with a wonderful Coffee ... or tea ...