Light And Airy But Too Delicate

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
By using almond "flour", will it absorb moisture in the cake while baking ? Or does it absorb only during mixing ???

Last edited:
I am not sure it will work at all, RD, don't bank on it ; its just a suggestion.

I am not a food scientist or a chef or a trained cook. All I can tell you is, I make what seems to be a very wet batter with my almond cakes and it comes out a cake! It is the perfect "moistness" for me in the recipes I use it in.

I really strongly suggest that to evaluate ther properties of it you try making the recipe I PMed you both as it is written and with flour instead. That will give a clear indication of how it works and if you want to incorperate it into your cheesecake.

You are a great experimenter so experiment!

Besides which its a nice cake and will make a good change and if you like cheesecake I think you'll like this. Just try it!

RD you are very sweet, but it can't be a family favourite unless you make it and like it first.

aww, that which comes from the :heart: is always a family favorite

"lulucake", who could resist and iffin it tastes good then all the better !!!

Last edited:
you're soooooo kewl jkath !!!

I was on the phone with Ness not 20 minutes ago, asking where it might be purchased. God bless you for your efforts.

ok, I admit, I don't know what the heck I'm doing. The only thing I know how to do is observe.

What I just did:

In a bowl I mixed at high speed
  1. 2 egg yolks + 4 egg whites
  2. 1 tbsp powdered buttermilk
  3. 2 cups sugar
It bulked up with air to twice its volume. To this I will now mix in 4 cream cheese bars. Done !

Bake 15 min @ 350, 45 min @ 300 and 1 hr @ 250 for a total of 2 hours. Should be enough.

I'm not happy with all the air but too late for that.

Last edited:
Try cutting your cheesecake with a cheese wire - the one that is "piano wire" stretched between two small wooden handles...

Yes, I've heard of that and I have used floss. It wanted to work but it can't create a razor edge at the point of a wedge of cheesecake. My favorite is to heat the blade of a stainless butcher knife over an open flame. It then will slice through any cheesecake beautifully leaving that perfect razor edge I mentioned and has the advantage for being able to hold the slice as it's transfered to a serving plate. It's so cool to hear the sizzle as the blade effortlessly sinks into the cake ! Warning tho, have hot water to scrub the blade immediately after each slice or the cake bakes onto the blade.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom