Lime Cheesecake

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kadesma

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
A friend gave me this recipe today to say thank you for a sauce I made for her...Thought I'd share it with you and see what you think..I've not made it but have tasted it..I loved it.:pig:
Lime Cheesecake
I store bought graham crust or your own home made
Crust:
1-c. graham cracker crumbs
1/4c. sugar
1/3c. melted butter or margarine
Combine crumbs,sugar and butter in bottom of greased 9 in. springform pan..mix well and press into bottom and sides of pan.
Fillinf:
1-c. lime juice
1/4c. water
2 envelopes unflavored gelatin
1-1/2c. sugar
5-eggs, lightly beaten
1-Tab. lime zest
16oz. cream cheee, softened
1/2c. whipping cream, beaten to stiff peaks
1-lime thin sliced for decoration of plate if you want
Combine lime juice,water and gelatin in saucepan and mix well. Let stand 5 min. or til gelatin is soft. Stir in eggs, sugar and zest. Cook over med. heat 6-7 min. or til mix comes to a boil Stir constantly, do not boil..remove from heat. Beat cream cheese and butter in mixing bowl til smooth..scraping bowl several times. Add the gelatin mix gradually, beating constantly til blended. Chill covered 1 hour. Stir occasionally. Beat the whipping cream to stiff peaks Fold into cream cheese mix..Spread in prepared pan.Chill covered 1-1/2 to 3 hrs or til firm . Remove from pan to serving plate and decorate top with lime slices if you wish..
kadesma:)

jkath said:
I love anything citrus! This sounds like a winner - and I think I may decorate the top with fresh mint sprigs.
Thanks jkath, the mint sprigs sound like a good idea:)

Oh my. How did I miss this one? Lime is one of my favourite flavours. I will have to try this. Thank goodness I am going to be doing a bunch of cooking for my husbands birthday party or there would be 4 people waddling around my house after all the yummy things I have planned for the next few weeks.

Alix said:
Oh my. How did I miss this one? Lime is one of my favourite flavours. I will have to try this. Thank goodness I am going to be doing a bunch of cooking for my husbands birthday party or there would be 4 people waddling around my house after all the yummy things I have planned for the next few weeks.
Me too Alix.. I love anything citrus...So I'll waddle along with you:LOL:

My goodness. No white chocolate in here, thas terrible lol. Melt some white chocolate and add it to the cream cheese before adding the cream, and it is blodddddy good :D. absolutely yummy.

This is like a delicious variation of Key Lime Pie... a keeper though I have to think about the substitution of the "graham cracker crust". Hopefully some crushed basic "biscotti" would do... Sounds really good though, especially for a refreshing summer dessert!!:-p

urmaniac13 said:
This is like a delicious variation of Key Lime Pie... a keeper though I have to think about the substitution of the "graham cracker crust". Hopefully some crushed basic "biscotti" would do... Sounds really good though, especially for a refreshing summer dessert!!:-p
Biscotti, what a great idea! I have some and was wondering what to make for dinner..Think I'll try the pie with a biscotti crust.Yum Thanks Licia

SHAMALICIOUS said:
I made it today. having one now lol yummy yummy :)
So glad you're enjoying the cheese cake..Have one bite for me please:LOL:

kadesma

People who don't like lime desserts can go kiss a coconut. It's something they either love or hate. But thank gawd for cooks like your friend !!!

sorry for posting on such an old recipe. I tried to make this but ran into a problem. The instructions for the filling say to add butter but the ingredients section doesn't say how much butter to add to the filling. The only mention of butter as an ingredient is for the crust.

So, how much butter?

kadesma said:
Combine lime juice,water and gelatin in saucepan and mix well. Let stand 5 min. or til gelatin is soft. Stir in eggs, sugar and zest. Cook over med. heat 6-7 min. or til mix comes to a boil Stir constantly, do not boil..remove from heat. Beat cream cheese and butter in mixing bowl til smooth..scraping bowl several times. Add the gelatin mix gradually, beating constantly til blended. Chill covered 1 hour. Stir occasionally. Beat the whipping cream to stiff peaks Fold into cream cheese mix..Spread in prepared pan.Chill covered 1-1/2 to 3 hrs or til firm . Remove from pan to serving plate and decorate top with lime slices if you wish..

The two bolded parts confuse me. Do I boil or NOT boil? It says both in the same sentence.

Mr_Dove said:
The two bolded parts confuse me. Do I boil or NOT boil? It says both in the same sentence.
I'm sorry for confusing you. You bring the mix to a boil, and then remove from the stove. I added do not boil as some let it go and you don't need to, when you add the cream cheese that thickens it up..As to the butter I goofed big time no butter in the filling only 1/3 cup for the graham crust if you make your own..So sorry for the mistake

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom