Lofty Frosting For Sprout

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chief Longwind Of The North

Certified/Certifiable
Sprout is making cupcakes tomorrow and is planning on using a marangue frosting that she really likes. But today was very humid, which can destroy a marangue, and tomorrow promises more of the same. She has asked for a backup butter-cream, or other frosting that will be light, lofty, and will hold up in high humidity on a cupcake. Andy help would be appreciated.

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Sprout is making cupcakes tomorrow and is planning on using a marangue frosting that she really likes. But today was very humid, which can destroy a marangue, and tomorrow promises more of the same. She has asked for a backup butter-cream, or other frosting that will be light, lofty, and will hold up in high humidity on a cupcake. Andy help would be appreciated.

Princess and bakechef, that looks like a great recipe (though I am personally not a fan of frosting with flour but they do stand up well). However, I think the Chief is looking for help from Andy M here and not the rest of us. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Sorry Chief but I know you love me! I couldn't resist. :rolleyes:

I think this recipe will help sprout achieve what she wants.

Princess and bakechef, that looks like a great recipe (though I am personally not a fan of frosting with flour but they do stand up well). However, I think the Chief is looking for help from Andy M here and not the rest of us. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Sorry Chief but I know you love me! I couldn't resist. :rolleyes:

I think this recipe will help sprout achieve what she wants.
I was looking for the right, humorous way of saying that. ;)

You guys are killing me. Or is it that my typos are killing me?:LOL:

I can't fathom how the letter - d - got in the word - any. But it did. Now Andy is one fine cook, and one of the greats in DC. But yes, I was looking for input from everyone for my DD. And thanks everyone.

In all seriousness, I do recommend this recipe even though I don't use it myself. I know many decorators who do use a flour recipe and it works well. It is also a little less sweet than other frosting recipes which many people like.

In all seriousness, I do recommend this recipe even though I don't use it myself. I know many decorators who do use a flour recipe and it works well. It is also a little less sweet than other frosting recipes which many people like.

Another reason for me to use it. I started searching out lower sugar recipes for Shrek when he was diagnosed with Diabetes and thought this one was a keeper. It works for us.

Thank you for the recipe! The meringue buttercream worked out beautifully, but I can't wait to try this one! On the site that I got my Swiss meringue buttercream recipe from, the woman said that she loved using her flour recipe, but it wasn't as stable with additions. Has anyone tried to add things to this recipe? Chocolate? Fruit? Any flavorings besides vanilla?

Another reason for me to use it. I started searching out lower sugar recipes for Shrek when he was diagnosed with Diabetes and thought this one was a keeper. It works for us.

That is why I like cream cheese frosting. Less sugar. I am so used to having no sweets, that when I do, I usually find it so sweet, it makes me nauseous. :cool:

Thank you for the recipe! The meringue buttercream worked out beautifully, but I can't wait to try this one! On the site that I got my Swiss meringue buttercream recipe from, the woman said that she loved using her flour recipe, but it wasn't as stable with additions. Has anyone tried to add things to this recipe? Chocolate? Fruit? Any flavorings besides vanilla?
Sprout, glad your cake and frosting worked out!

You can add chocolate to a flour frosting recipe if you either swap sifted cocoa for part/all the flour or add slightly more liquid until the desired consistency is reached. I would do the replacement option.

For flavourings, just substitute a flavour for the vanilla. Depending on the intensity (peppermint and almond are stronger than vanilla or coconut), you will use more or less than vanilla. You may need to adjust the liquid accordingly, but it should be so minimal it won't hurt it.

Fruit is another story. I am not sure what you mean by adding fruit, but it will dramatically change the frosting and probably make it non workable.

Hope that helps! :)

That is why I like cream cheese frosting. Less sugar. I am so used to having no sweets, that when I do, I usually find it so sweet, it makes me nauseous. :cool:
This is a good choice, Addie except you need to watch the fat content. Your cream cheese is different from our in Canada (even under the same brand name) so I don't know the fat content of your regular or lite versions, but here our regular version is high in fat and the lighter version has a little less fat and slightly more sugar.

On the whole I think you are safe, but just wanted to let you know all sides! It's the special diets cook vs pastry chef in me! :rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom