Looking For a Cake Recipe.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rainsky

Assistant Cook
Years ago I made this cake on a regular basis and loved it. I have searched the internet and have not been able to find the recipe! Sound familiar to anyone?:question:

Was this a bundt cake for which you spooned a gooey layer of coconut/walnut/chocolate on top of about 1/3 of the batter and then filled the pan with the rest of the batter?

Does it look like this padeswood 221.jpg

I've got one that's a scratch made deep chocolate cake with a filling of cream cheese, coconut, and chocolate chips but I don't remember whether it had nuts or not, haven't made it in years. I can try to find it if that's the one you are looking for. Loved that cake but it makes so much and it's just me and Craig now.

Karen

Well, I'm just going to have to make this cake again now that I've been reminded of it. Maybe I'll try to hold out until we go see our granddaughters and take half of it to them and their parents. LOL. The nuts are in the cake batter, which is what threw me. Hope this is it.

This recipe is from a 1974 Pillsbury cake book.
Ring-Of-Coconut Fudge Cake
FILLING
1/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
8 ounces cream cheese, softened
1 egg
1/2 cup flaked coconut
1 cup semi-sweet or milk chocolate chips
CAKE
2 cups sugar
1 cup oil
2 eggs
3 cups Pillsbury All-Purpose or Unbleached Flour (lightly spoon flour into measuring cup; level off)*
3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
2 teaspoons baking soda
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup hot coffee or water
1 cup buttermilk or sour milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup chopped nuts
GLAZE
1 cup powdered sugar
3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
2 tablespoons butter
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 to 3 tablespoons hot water
For Filling: Beat sugar, vanilla, cream cheese and egg until smooth. Stir in coconut and chocolate chips; set aside.
For Cake: In large bowl combine sugar, oil and eggs. Beat 1 minute at high speed. Add remaining cake ingredients, except nuts; beat 3 minutes at medium speed. By hand, stir in nuts.
Pour 3 cups batter into greased and floured 12-cup fluted bundt pan. Carefully spoon Filling over batter; top with remaining batter.
Bake at 350º (325º for colored fluted bundt pan) for 70-75 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool upright in pan for 45 minutes; turn onto serving plate. Cool completely; drizzle with Glaze. Refrigerate.
For Glaze: Combine ingredients and mix until smooth.
*If using Pillsbury Self-Rising Flour, reduce baking soda to 1 teaspoon ; omit baking powder and salt.
TIP: For sour milk, combine 1 tablespoon vinegar or lemon juice with milk to make 1 cup.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom