Looking for Mandarin Orange Cake recipe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pammy

Assistant Cook
My sister's late MIL used to make a wonderful melt-in-your-mouth Mandarin Orange Cake.
I was wondering if anyone had a good recipe for this type of cake. We have a family reunion coming up and this would be a great dessert to take.
Thanks in advance for any help.

Mandarine Orange Cake

1 box Betty Crocker SuperMoist yellow cake mix
1/2cup vegetable oil
1/2cup chopped walnuts, if desired
1can (11 oz) mandarin orange segments, undrained
4eggs
1can (20 oz) crushed pineapple, undrained
1box (4-serving size) vanilla instant pudding and pie filling mix
1/2to 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
1cup frozen (thawed) whipped topping

1.Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pan). Grease bottom only of 13x9-inch pan, or lightly spray. 2.In large bowl, beat cake mix, oil, walnuts, orange segments, and eggs with electric mixer on low speed 30 seconds; beat on medium speed 2 minutes. Pour into pan.3.Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely, about 1 hour.4.To make pineapple frosting, stir together pineapple, dry pudding mix and orange peel. Gently stir in whipped topping. Spread on cake. Store tightly covered in refrigerator.

Last edited:
the recipe I found is pretty much the same as Dina's. Mine says to drain the pineapple for the frosting and use an entire tub of Cool Whip.

Thank you. I will give this a test-run before the reunion. I'll let you know how it turns out.

Back
Top Bottom