Looking for Old Bon Appetit or Chocolatier Cake Recipe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Latte1

Assistant Cook
Hi,

I'm new to the group and am glad to have found you.

I'm trying to find a recipe I believe may have come from an old Bon Appetit magazine, possibly one of the Cooking Class ones, but it also might be from an old Chocolatier magazine.

The cake had an angled striped strip on the outside of it, in chocolate and another color...can't remember if it was white or orange and I think it wrapped around a cake layer and a layer of an orange bavarian.

In order to make the outside of the cake, it had two different batters and you had to pipe them in angled stripes on a cookie sheet and then after it baked, you cut them into strips to wrap around the cake. It was a very easy technique and it looked very complicated and the cake tasted great. I made it for Christmas one year and was thinking about doing it again this year, but now I can't find it. I'm really hoping someone here might remember it and be able to give me the recipe and tell me what magazine it's from and what month and year.

Thanks so much, I'm looking forward to enjoying this group.

You might go to Epicurious.com and post there on the Bon Appetit forum.

Thanks

Thanks, I have posted it there also. However, it doesn't appear to be a very active forum.

Gail

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom