"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Desserts, Sweets & Cookies & Candy > Cakes & Cupcakes

Old 06-13-2011, 01:17 PM   #1
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
Microwave Cake - TNT

Microwave Cake - Strawberry
(Serves 12)

1 (18.25-oz.) pkg. white cake mix
3 large eggs
1/3 cup water
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup chopped nuts
1 (20-oz.) can strawberry pie filling, divided
1 (8-oz.) container frozen whipped topping, thawed

Line two glass 8-inch cake pans with a layer of paper towel, cut to fit. Set aside.

In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, eggs, water, oil, and nuts. Beat until well blended, then stir in 1 cup pie filling. Divide batter equally between the two prepared pans. Bake, one at a time in center of microwave, first for 4 minutes on 50% power, then 4 minutes on HIGH power. The signal that the cake is done is when it begins to pull away from the side of the pan. Remove from microwave and turn out onto a wire rack to cool, peeling off paper towel. Repeat with second layer.

While layers are cooling, blend together the remaining pie filling and whipped topping. Stir until smooth, but don't be surprised if it wants to curdle. Just keep stirring and it will become creamy again.

When layers are completely cooled, split them. Spread a little of the frosting/filling between the four layers, then mound the remaining on top of the cake. Refrigerate several hours before serving. Keep refrigerated.

Enjoy!!!

This cake is just beautiful when it's finished and delicious. I think there's lots of options depending on the pie fillings that are available on the market shelf. I'm going to find out tomorrow when I go grocery shopping. I'm thinking cherry.....yum! A little almond extract and some chopped toasted almonds. Yahoo!!!

Old 06-13-2011, 05:34 PM   #2
Everymom

OK, that sounds COOL! Going to try this later this week.

Old 06-13-2011, 07:54 PM   #3
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
Oh, man, is this good! However, I think I would cook it at 3 1/2 minutes at each cycle and use a bit more whipped topping. Just me. Although, we DID eat ourselves silly with the original recipe.

Holy cow! The strawberry flavor is fantastic. I might even add some strawberry preserves/jam between the layers, too.

Oh, crap. I think I'm creating a monster.

Tags
cake