Mistake cake came out great

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Able Hands

Assistant Cook
Thanks to everyone who replied to my previous post regarding the forgotten vanilla. I wound up using that cake. The second one, made with AP turned out terrible.

The cake was a smash hit!! The missing vanilla was not missed at all. I did take a tip from one of the posters in my other thread and added a little extra vanilla to the whipped cream. I think the meringue (sp?) carried a lot of the flavor that was missing. Certainly not beautiful by professional standards, but for a first time trying to actually decorate... Not too bad. I didn't realize until just now that I had strawberries going in both directions around the rim. Oh well, that's what happens when rushed. It still tasted great.

Thanks for the help.

Matt

Attachments

• Cake_1_sm.jpg
    Cake_1_sm.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 191
  • Cake_2_sm.jpg
    Cake_2_sm.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 213
Looks fantastic Congrats!

BTW. Julia child says never admit to a mistake. It's not a mistake, you intended for to leave out the vanilla.

Last edited:
Yeah, I have a hard time being in the kitchen without one of those... Could be why I forgot the vanilla?

Matt

One dessert that I've made so many times I don't always use the recipe when I'm making it - turned out to be different. The recipe called for a cup of confectioner's sugar mixed with the cream cheese and whipped topping. I completely forgot the sugar and had so many requests for the recipe that I've been leaving it out on purpose. It cuts the carbs back and the other fillings are much more noticeable in contrast. Some mistakes are good ones.

Back
Top Bottom