Mocha Almond Cake

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TeenChef

Assistant Cook
Hey, I found this really good almond cake recipe, and combined it with a delicious mocha frosting recipe, along with a few of my own decoratoins, and took it to competition. If any1 would like the recipe, reply to this, and in my next post on this thread i'll put it there. Happy Baking!!!:cool:

oh, it is really good, heres the recipe(just to note, i took 2nd place with this cake):for the cake:

Ingredients: 1 1/2 cup butter, 3 eggs, 3 cups sugar, 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract, 2 1/4 tsp almond extract, 4 1/2 cups flour, 1 1/2 tsp Baking Soda, 1 1/2 tsp Salt, 3 Cups ButterMilk

Directions: Cream butter, eggs, sugar, vanilla, and almond extract. Combine flour, soda, and salt together in seperate bowl. Add Flour mixture, to creamed butter mixture while alterately pouring in the buttermilk, making sure its well blended. Divide into two 10" round cake pans, and bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes. Cool and frost with mocha frosting.

Frosting: Ingredients: 2 lb.s confectioners sugar, 1 cup butter, 6 tbsp milk, 4 heaping tsp Instant coffee, 1/2 cup cocoa

Directions:
disolve coffee in milk. Let stand for 5 minutes. Cream butter, add cocoa and mix. Add Sugar and Ilk-coffee mixture. Beat until smooth and creamy. Add more milk if needed.

Personal Decorations: Using a star cake tip, put a border around the top and bottom of cake. put 5 star decorations around a single star decoration in the middle of the cake. put a raspberry in each of the stars on top, and around the border, with about 1 inch in between. cut up some almonds, and sprinkle on top of cake, and bottom border. Enjoy!!!

Back
Top Bottom