Moist Orange Cake

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hi Kylie, this moist orange cake recipe sounds good and delicious.

Do u think that i can use this recipe change it to cupcakes recipe?

I love orange and lemon cakes! I'll make this soon :) Thanks Kylie. I have all the ingredients except castor sugar. Maybe light brown sugar will work too since it get's creamed anyway?

Thanks guys :)

Cuppers, I am guessing you could, I would not know the measures though sorry

Thanks guys :)

Cuppers, I am guessing you could, I would not know the measures though sorry

Kylie, the main change when you use a cake recipe for cupcakes, is the length of time for baking. They do bake faster than a cake so you have to keep your eye on them. :angel:

HA! I found it! I've been looking for this recipe for ages and finally remembered it was Kylies. Thanks again Kylie. C&P this one to my files .

oh kylie, you struck the perfect chord with so many of us with your moist, orange citrus cake recipe.:) even i, who rarely bake, must have this one soon! what sort of sugar is needed for it, and, self-rising flour--that's not the same as all-purpose flour, or is it?

Caster sugar is what we call Superfine. Or you can whizz it in the FP...if you got one for Christmas or was that an immersion blender Alix was missing?

oh kylie, you struck the perfect chord with so many of us with your moist, orange citrus cake recipe.:) even i, who rarely bake, must have this one soon! what sort of sugar is needed for it, and, self-rising flour--that's not the same as all-purpose flour, or is it?

V, caster sugar is the one to use, very, very fine granules and with the flour, our self raising flour is not plain flour (all purpose flour) so what you need to do is for each cup of all-purpose flour, add 1 1/4 teaspoons of baking powder and 1/4 teaspoon of salt...then you will have self raising flour :)

When I think of self rising flour, I use cake self rising. Swans Down and Softassilk comes to mind. They come with and without the baking powder. :angel:

Back
Top Bottom