My First Post and Attempt at Fondant

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mrs_Krock

Assistant Cook
Hi Everyone! I'm new to the forum, and new to baking! I've always done cooking but never really like desserts... but I've found a new love for baking! So today, my gorgeous husband for my b'day gave me a red Kitchenaid, and all the baking accessories I wanted, and I made my first 4 layered cake with fondant and made my first ever fondant roses :)

So here's a pic of my first attempt of layering a cake, crumbing a cake and putting fondant on a cake :)

img_1160684_0_3c830a6dcc44fc8e740c874df45a9400.jpg

img_1160684_1_5b6edd4552de6939cb67f6fb2a47ecd5.jpg

Thanks! I'm finding this site so helpful! Wish I had of googled earlier :)

We have a few professional cake bakers/decorators who are always happy to answer questions, so if you have any, you have definitely come to the right place. :cool:

That has been known to happen! :angel: In fact, I have been here since 2002. There is no getting away once they suck you in! :LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL:

Beautiful roses, I still can't do roses and I've been trying for years.

Welcome to DC! I hope you enjoy it!

You did a great job on your first attempt, if i were you i would fail

Welcome to DC ! :)

Thanks everyone for the kind words! I'm loving this, can't wait to get stuck into it today!

I'm amazed how well I did, I watched this site on youtube and was able to make them (as per the photo) and I think over time and with patients I'll get better.

How To Form Fondant Roses - YouTube

Cheers :)

Thanks for the link, but I've had hands on training and still can't get it. I'm much better at fixing up people and regular cooking. Desserts and Cakes baffle me.

Welcome, Mrs. Krock. :) Your cake is beautiful and the roses are stunning! What a great job!

Thanks for the link, but I've had hands on training and still can't get it. I'm much better at fixing up people and regular cooking. Desserts and Cakes baffle me.

I am the same Fi, I am not too bad at everyday cooking but just so so at cakes..but I still like making them and they turn out looking pretty decent and tasting good :)

Welcome to DC and congratulations, you have a nice cake there.

I have been making cakes for more years than I can count if you hadn't told me that was your first I would have thought you were a professional. :)

Back
Top Bottom