Need feed back on muffin/cupcake ideas ....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
NOW I have a few ideas on chocolate muffins/cupcakes (still not clear what the difference between the 2 is) and I would like to get some feed back.

Idea #1-A - Fill muffin/cupcake cup 1/2 - 3/4 full of chocolate batter, make indent fill with peanut butter fill to top and bake.

OR

#1-B - Bake chocolate muffin/cupcake then cool. Fill pastry bag with creamy peanut butter and pipe peanut butter into center of muffin/cupcake (From top or bottom? Frost or not?).

Idea #2 - Frost cooled chocolate muffin/cupake with chocolate or mocha frosting then dip in flaked coconut.

I like all three ideas!

But, if all three were on a plate I would start with number 1A.

If you want to go muffiny try a peanut butter strusel topping similar to the topping on a sour cream coffee cake only with peanut butter worked in.

Also the broiled frosting that Alix uses on her oatmeal cake would be great.

I already have a picture of an ice cold glass of milk, I just need you to post a picture of the muffin/cupcakes to enjoy with it.:LOL:

DROOLING! I like 1B and 2. I like Aunt Bea's idea of the broiled frosting too. That would be delicious. (Think I might give it a go myself)

I like all three ideas!

But, if all three were on a plate I would start with number 1A.

If you want to go muffiny try a peanut butter strusel topping similar to the topping on a sour cream coffee cake only with peanut butter worked in.

Also the broiled frosting that Alix uses on her oatmeal cake would be great.

I already have a picture of an ice cold glass of milk, I just need you to post a picture of the muffin/cupcakes to enjoy with it.:LOL:

ROTFL!! OK thank you for the feed back

Maybe I will make 6 plain, 6 1-A (3 frosted and 3 unfrosted) and 6 of 2.

I like all 3!! YUM! I feel my diet slipping away just reading the descriptions.

Cup Cake vs Muffin: I think of a cup cake as having the same texture as a cake while a muffin has a texture similar to a quick bread.

They all look good. I just saw an ad for a butterscotch muffin with a streusel type topping. Thought that looked interesting too.

Thank you everyone. I think I may do some of 1B and 2. 1A - the PB may just melt and not be so good. So 1B will probably involve a PB "filling/frosting" (or maybe straight PB not sure yet) piped in and some frosted some not.

msmofet how do you fill them with your pastry bag, does it require a special tip?

I was thinking these would be good filled with the Amish cream similar to the filling bakeries use. It would be a knockoff devil dog type of thing. I just don't know how to get it into them.

msmofet how do you fill them with your pastry bag, does it require a special tip?

I was thinking these would be good filled with the Amish cream similar to the filling bakeries use. It would be a knockoff devil dog type of thing. I just don't know how to get it into them.
I have a pastry bag and a set of tips. I think a plain round tip would be fine not to big or it will leave a big hole.

Devil dog filling is basically sweet crisco shortening. I hope the bakery uses something a bit different.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom