Olivia's Sad Cake TNT

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kadesma

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
Livie likes this cake so we decided to honor her by naming it after her she did help getting things together for it.First we mix 1lb. brown sugar with 4 well beaten eggs Stir in 1/2 c. veggie oil then 2 c. biscuit mixlittle at a time till all ingredients are well mix. So add in1 tea. vanilla 1 c. chopped pecans.and a 7oz pack of flaked coconut Bake in ungreased 9x13 pan at 325 for 45 min. Don't be alarmed if the cake looks strange it rises fairly high the caves in in the middle. So yummy served warm with ice cream or whipped cream
enjoy
kades

1 POUND of brown sugar kadesma? Really? It sounds good.
Yep Alix one pound of light brown sugar but it tastes so good. I think next time I'll try the blend from splenda and see how it tastes.
kades:)

It absolutely sounds delicious - I love the name of the cake. Some day years from now, Olivia will stumble across that same recipe on the internet and realize that she has been famous all her life.

It absolutely sounds delicious - I love the name of the cake. Some day years from now, Olivia will stumble across that same recipe on the internet and realize that she has been famous all her life.
That's a nice thought. Thanks

Why/How is it "Sad?" sounds wonderful, and a fun project for little kids.
It's name ed sad because it starts with a high rise and them caves in in the middle. Looks odd but tastes great.Olivia had so much fun baking with me. She said the best part was eating with whipped cream;)
kades

Yep Alix one pound of light brown sugar but it tastes so good. I think next time I'll try the blend from splenda and see how it tastes.

Kades, the brown sugar blend from Splenda is actually half real brown sugar and half Splenda. Dave the Baker told me that one awhile ago and I have been mixing my own ever since....much cheaper and just the same. In fact I usually go a little more on the Splenda side with no adverse changes.

Thanks, CJ, the cake sounds delicious. I"ll make one before we go to my mother's on Mother's Day.

Kades, the brown sugar blend from Splenda is actually half real brown sugar and half Splenda. Dave the Baker told me that one awhile ago and I have been mixing my own ever since....much cheaper and just the same. In fact I usually go a little more on the Splenda side with no adverse changes.
Thamks Laurie,
that's good to know. I'll start mixing it up my self. The kids love cookies and cake In fact that cake you gave the recipe for with the cocoa and splenda was a smash with them. Cade took the last piece home to have for breakfast.:)
kades

Back
Top Bottom