Opinions Needed on Pumpkin Raisin Cake

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Shoot! I thought this was going to be an easy question!!! I think I would have to try the recipe with each one and taste it to see which would taste better.

go with the group middie, they know best.
I said pecans because I don't really like walnuts in anything.... :)

I would have to say walnuts, they taste about the same, same texture, and they are less expensive.

middie - we just lured you into the walnut cult - geez that was easy!! pds - I just think of walnuts in carrot cake and that reminds me of what middie is making.

kitchenelf said:
middie - we just lured you into the walnut cult - geez that was easy!! pds - I just think of walnuts in carrot cake and that reminds me of what middie is making.

lol... I put pecans in my carrot cake too.
:)

I have to agree with Shunka. Make two batches, one with pecans, one with walnuts. Taste, then decide. You don't need to make both at the same time. But, if you do, I'm sure all of us would gladly go to your place and help you taste-test :chef:

Personally, being from OK originally, I'd go for the pecans.

Pumpkin Raisin Cake

I would say walnuts for this one but whichever one you choose, I would definitely toast them first. It makes a huge difference in the finished product.

As much as I love pecans, I would have gone with the walnuts on this one too. I hope you are going to share the recipe!

:) Barbara

Back
Top Bottom