Orange Pound Cake

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ol-blue

Sous Chef
Quick and easy and so good!
Enjoy! Debbie

ORANGE POUND CAKE

img_549991_0_24942c48974b528129a3eea18325c777.jpg

1 CAKE MIX; White.
1 box(es) (3 ounce) ORANGE JELLO
4 EGGS
1/2 cup(s) OIL
3/4 cup(s) ORANGE JUICE
_____

In a mixing bowl combine all ingredients; mix according to the direction on cake mix box.
Bake in a greased Bundt pan at 350 degrees for 45 to 50 minutes or until tested done.
When cool, dust with powdered sugar or make a glaze with powdered sugar and orange juice.
_____

Oh my gosh, Blue - you post the best recipes!!! I love orange anything and this recipe sounds so yummy. (And easy enough my kids could make it too.) Thank you!

looks good

i will try this soon. i have a granddaughter that loves pound cake. do u ever put a glaze on it?

babe

ps silly me, just read the part bout glaze etc. while copying recipt.

babe

Last edited:
Thank you so much Fisher's Mom. This is a great recipe to let the kids to get involved with. Enjoy! Debbie

Maverick2272, Thanks...That's my old website that I used to have when I was selling my cookbook. I do post recipes on Family Camping Chat also, the link is in my profile. I have some of my older recipes and recipes from my cookbook that I am slowly putting on that site. Hope to see you there! Debbie

I cruised by the camping website briefly, didn't have much time to look around as I was busy making your bacon cheeseburger meatloaf! LOL.
I will take a closer look a little later as I have the time. Right now I have to give the dishwasher (DW) some TLC, hehehe.

that looks good ! Could I also make it with other flavor jello, like strawberry , or cherry, provided I have the liquid flavors ?

What exactly is "white cake mix"

It's a boxed cake mix, all you add is eggs, oil and water. It's found in the baking section in the grocery store along with the flour and sugar. They come in different flavors and made by Pillsbury or Betty Crocker's to name a few brands.
Hope this helps. Debbie

This looks super delicious. So many recipes to try, so little time.

help

Quick and easy and so good!
Enjoy! Debbie

ORANGE POUND CAKE

img_571672_0_24942c48974b528129a3eea18325c777.jpg

1 CAKE MIX; White.
1 box(es) (3 ounce) ORANGE JELLO
4 EGGS
1/2 cup(s) OIL
3/4 cup(s) ORANGE JUICE
_____

In a mixing bowl combine all ingredients; mix according to the direction on cake mix box.
Bake in a greased Bundt pan at 350 degrees for 45 to 50 minutes or until tested done.
When cool, dust with powdered sugar or make a glaze with powdered sugar and orange juice.
_____

hey i made this earlier today. had bad luck with it. what did i do wrong?

it stuck in bundt pan and broke up when trying to remove it. it was dry . maybe i did not grease pan enough but it was also non stick. would leaving it to cool for to long, make it stick?

know it must be something i did, so help me. lol

babe:-p:-p

hey i made this earlier today. had bad luck with it. what did i do wrong?

it stuck in bundt pan and broke up when trying to remove it. it was dry . maybe i did not grease pan enough but it was also non stick. would leaving it to cool for to long, make it stick?

know it must be something i did, so help me. lol

babe:-p:-p

I us a non-stick pan and I still grease it well. As for being dry...Pound cakes are on the dry side. Maybe it was over baked. Everyones ovens are different.

I us a non-stick pan and I still grease it well. As for being dry...Pound cakes are on the dry side. Maybe it was over baked. Everyones ovens are different.

thanks ol blue. i have made another pound cake from cake mix. we used it in cake decorating class. it was very moist.

you are right i am thinging not greased well enough. i could have over baked , that is for sure. my oven is an old one.

thanks for imput

babe:huh::huh:

Back
Top Bottom