Peach Fuzzy Navel Cake

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jdtractorgirl

Assistant Cook
1 – 16 oz. can peaches
½ cup peach schnapps
1 cup sugar
¼ cup orange juice
1 – 2 layer package yellow cake mix
1 – 4 oz. package vanilla instant pudding mix
4 eggs
2/3 cup oil
½ cup powdered sugar

Combine drained peaches, schnapps, sugar, and orange juice in covered container. Chill for 24 hours. Drain, reserving ¾ cup liquid. Puree peaches in food processor. Combine peach puree with cake mix, pudding mix, eggs, oil, and ½ cup reserved liquid in mixer bowl; mix well. Spoon into greased and floured bundt pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes. Invert onto wire rack to cool. Blend powdered sugar and remaining ¼ cup reserved liquid. Drizzle over cake.

I need to bring a cake to work on fried-day, um, friday, and I was thinking carrot cake, but then the cry babies at home will moan in a feel sorry for me voice 'but we want cake and you are taking it to work', so.....
I'll make a carrot cake (maybe muffins) w/cream cheese icing, and you have a great idea and this is why....
I have some peach schnapps developing, and I need to strain those peaches I chopped, out of the schnapps...and they would be so good in a fuzzy navel cake (and I was trying to think how I'd use them).
Then I'll have two cakes and I can take 1/2 of each to work and the cry babies will be happy too. :LOL::LOL::LOL:

I did make the fuzzy navel cake with the chopped peaches from the schnapps and orange juice concentrate. Then frosted it with melted butter mixed with orange juice concentrate and powdered sugar. I poked holes in the cake with a wooden skewer then put the frosting on the cake when it was just out of the oven, and it melted into the cake a little and left a nice glaze on top.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom