Pineapple Angel Cake recipe, TNT

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mikki

Sous Chef
My cousin brought this to my house for a picnic and told me how to make it. It's very easy,if I can do it anyone can. It has always been the joke on my husbands side of the family that I can't cook so I get to bring the chips and pop. After I made this yesterday I was told that I graduated to making dessert. Here is how you do it.
1 Angel food cake
1 can crushed pineapple
1 pkg van pudding ( sugar free if you want- tastes fine)
1 cup cool whip
stawberries
Mix pineapple,pudding,and cool whip in bowl- set aside
Cut cake horizontal in thirds
Spread layer of mixture on each layer( not real thick)
Then cover the whole cake with mixture
use stawberries to decorate outside of cake any way you want
I sliced some and put around the bottom and top of cake, then I chopped the rest and filled the hole.
Took about 10 minutes to make
Refrigerate if it's not going to be served for awhile.

Thanks

thanks for sharing the recipe. Sounds just right for summer meal.

Oh yes, congratulations on the graduating from chips and pop to desserts. See? Nothing to it as long as someone gives you recipes. I bet you impressed everyone with this treat.

Please can you explain what "Van Pudding" and " Cool Whip " is, I have never heard of it here in Australia, is there something else I can substitute it for, your recipie sounds wonderful, and I want to try to make it.
Thanks for any help. " Please Explain ".

SpiritWolf said:
Please can you explain what "Van Pudding" and " Cool Whip " is, I have never heard of it here in Australia, is there something else I can substitute it for, your recipie sounds wonderful, and I want to try to make it.
Thanks for any help. " Please Explain ".
I believe the van pudding refered to is just Jello vanilla pudding and cool whip is just a comercial imitation whipped cream in a container you buy at the store.

kadesma

Yes Kadesma is right Van pudding is plain old vanilla pudding and cool whip is a brand name of whipped cream, sorry about that should have explained better

Great, thanks for explaining, now I can go get the ingredients and attempt to make it, we do have those ingredients here in Australia, just under a different name. So fingers crossed it will turn out perfect, thank=you 2 everyone.
See Ya later all. I am going shopping.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom