licia, I made this cake sometime ago and it turned out with great success. Here is the recipe:
PINEAPPLE COCONUT CAKE WITH PINEAPPLE FROSTING
125gm butter (1 stick)
2 tsps grated lemon juice
1 cup castor sugar
1/2 cup coconut
2 cups self-raising flour
3/4 cup pineapple juice
2 cups icing sugar
1/4 cup pineapple juice
1. Grease a deep 2ocm round cake pan, line base with paper; grease paper.
2. Cream butter, rind and sugar in small bowl with electric mixer until light and fluffy, add eggs one at a time, beat until combined.
3. Transfer mixture to large bowl, stir in coconut, then half the sifted flour and pineapple juice, remaining flour and pineapple juice; stir until combined. Spread mixture into prepared pan.
4. Bake in oven at 180 degrees C/350F for about a1 hour, stand 5 minutes before turning on to wire rack to cool.
5. When cold, spread with frosting. Decorate with extra canned pineapple and toasted shredded coconut if desired.
To make pineapple frosting, combine butter and sifted icing sugar in bowl, gradually stir in pineapple juice until smooth.
The proof of the pudding is in the eating!