Pineapple Coconut cake

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sarah

Head Chef
its real good,moist and delicious,although i made this recipe only once a few monhts back,but i'm thinking about making it again in a couple days,and its sooooo easy to make,right now i'm really craving for it :) ...

2 c all-purpose flour
1 c granulated sugar
1 tsp baking soda
1,20 ounce can of crushed pineapple with juice(about 2 1/2 cups)
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 large eggs
a good pinch of salt

Blend and mix all above ingredients for 2 minutes each on low.Por into a 9 inch square greased pan and bake at 350 for 45 minutes.

TOPPING: In a medium sized bowl,mix together 1/2 cup firm brown sugar,1/2 cup flaked coconut,1/2 cup chopped toasted pecans or walnuts.

SAUCE:in a separate bowl,mix 1/2 cup melted butter,1/2 cup light cream or milk,1/2 cup sugar,1/2 tsp vanilla.

Remove cake from the oven,place pan on a larger pan covered with aluminum foil to catch any drips as this recipe will.Immediately sprinkle the topping evenly all over the cake,poke a few holes in the cake and next pour the sauce over the cake.Put it back in the oven for 10 minutes watching carefully,or until the coconut has browned.When done,remove the cake pan from the larger pan.Do not unmold the cake.Place it on a wire rack to cool,if desired.Serve cake warm or cold right from its pan.

I made a very similar/same cake recipe and it was most and delicious. That one called for a cream cheese flavored frosting and that went great too. I'm going to try your version. Yummy!

cream cheese frosting is a good idea too,maybe i should try it....

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom