Pineapple icebox cake

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pam Leavy

Senior Cook
They used to have this now and then as dessert at school. School lunches. I am talking 60's.

I have googled, but don't find anything like what I am looking for. It had a graham cracker crumb crust. It was delicious!!

Can anybody help me?

Pam

Try keying in pineapple graham cracker. There are several recipes that come up. Hope you find the one you're looking for. :)

is this what you are looking for?

PINEAPPLE ICEBOX CAKE

2 c. milk
1 lb. marshmallows
1 c. whipping cream
1 tsp. vanilla
1 (No. 2) can pineapple tidbits, drained
2 c. vanilla wafer crumbs or graham cracker crumbs

Bring milk to boil.
Add marshmallows to milk, stirring until marshmallows dissolve.
Cool.
Whip cream, add vanilla.
Fold in marshmallow mixture.
Add drained pineapple.

Sprinkle half of the cracker crumbs in bottom of oblong pan.
Pour pineapple-cream mixture over crumbs, spread evenly.
Add remaining crumbs to top of mixture.
Chill overnight.
Maraschino cherries and walnuts can be added with pineapple, if desired.

Good Luck!

Since this is about a dessert, I am going to move it to the dessert section of the board.

thank you GB. I was not sure where to put it as it was a request.

thank you as well Wasabi woman. I will definitely try it!

Pam

This might be close to what you are looking for.

Pineapple Cream Loaf
1/2 c Butter
1 can Crushed pineapple; drained
1 1/2 c Confectioners' sugar, sifted
2 Eggs, separated
1 pint Sour cream
1/2 ts Lemon extract
Graham crackers or Nilla wafers

1.Cream the butter and sugar together until fluffy. While continue to beat, add the egg yolks one at a time, beating well after each addition.
2.Stir the lemon extract and pineapple into the creamed mixture.
3.Beat the egg whites until stiff and fold into the mixture alternately with the sour cream.
4.Line a loaf pan or springform pan with graham crackers or Nilla wafers, placing them around the sides as well as covering the bottom.
5.Spread 1/2 of the pineapple mixture into the cracker/wafer lined pan and then top with another layer of crackers/wafers. Spread the remaining pineapple mixture into the pan and spread evenly. Chill well in the refrigerator before serving. Can be made 2-3 days in advance.

Pam

Not sure if this is the one you are looking for. My mom made this when I was a young girl in the 60's

Pineapple Icebox Cake
1pkg Raspberry Jello 1/2c ground walnuts
1/2 c butter 1 Small can crushed pineapple drained
2 egg yolks 2 egg whites
1 c sugar Graham crackers

Make jello as per package set in fridge. Beat 2 egg whites until stiff set in fridge. Mix sugar & butter then add egg yolks, walnuts and pineapple.
Then add egg whites. Jello should be starting to thicken by this time.
In a square 8x8 baking dish, Place whole graham crackers on the bottom. Pour sugar mixture over top of crackers. Place another layer of graham crackers over sugar mixture. Pour thickened jello over graham crackers. Place in fridge so jello can fully set. Top with whip cream and serve. (My mom used to set it in the freezer at first to quicken the harding of the jello.
Shelli

This might be close to what you are looking for.

Pineapple Cream Loaf
1/2 c Butter
1 can Crushed pineapple; drained
1 1/2 c Confectioners' sugar, sifted
2 Eggs, separated
1 pint Sour cream
1/2 ts Lemon extract
Graham crackers or Nilla wafers

1.Cream the butter and sugar together until fluffy. While continue to beat, add the egg yolks one at a time, beating well after each addition.
2.Stir the lemon extract and pineapple into the creamed mixture.
3.Beat the egg whites until stiff and fold into the mixture alternately with the sour cream.
4.Line a loaf pan or springform pan with graham crackers or Nilla wafers, placing them around the sides as well as covering the bottom.
5.Spread 1/2 of the pineapple mixture into the cracker/wafer lined pan and then top with another layer of crackers/wafers. Spread the remaining pineapple mixture into the pan and spread evenly. Chill well in the refrigerator before serving. Can be made 2-3 days in advance.

oh yummy, have to try this one. thanks.

Back
Top Bottom