Pineapple Layer Cake
- 1 18-ounce package yellow cake mix
- 1 11-ounce can mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 3-ounce package instant vanilla pudding
- 1 20-ounce can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 12-ounce carton frozen whipped topping, thawed
Preheat the oven to 350°F degrees. Grease and flour two 9-inch cake pans. Mix the cake according to the package directions. Add the drained oranges, beating until well combined. Pour in the prepared pans. Bake about 25 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes and turn out of the pans onto wire racks to cool completely.
For the icing, mix the pudding and pineapple together. Gently fold in the whipped topping. Ice between the two layers and on the top and sides of the cake. Store in the refrigerator, tightly covered. Yields about 16 servings.